Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dam It!

zebidi

yo guys, i snapped one of the bolts that stick out of the hub, where the wheel nut goes onto.

Anyone done this before? is it part of the hub or can i get a replacement bolt?

Help quick please. and the discs they are not held on by hex keys i dont think. never seen em there. help help help

Don’t panic!! yes you can get new studs just remove the hub and the broken one will punch out and the new one will push back in from the inside it happens a lot. You should be able to get a new one from your local motor shop or if not go to your local dealer.

Never done it on a Yaris (yet :lol:) but have done it on a few other cars (being a tyre fitter, it's a hazzard of the job.. especially on cars that have never seen copperslip or the inside of a service station).. In most cases you can just replace the stud... use a hammer anf large punch and knock it through (hopefully you won't need to remove the hub... in some cars you do :() put a new one in and tighten up the nut, this will draw it into the spline on the hub and secure it.

u cant remove the disc with the caliper on so you need to undo the 2 outer bolts cmpletely remove 1 loosen the other and swing it up or down and pull off disc

thanks for all the help guys, fixed it without removeing disc. got the bolt took caliper off and slipped it in past the guad. bent it a bit though but not bothered.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links