Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

<br />diy: Custom Dash Light

Sp33dY

I've just done this, only I replaced the L.E.D's and glued them in

IMG_1639.jpg

I only had 5mm L.E.D's and the round plastic piece that came out is about 10mm and the hole is about 7-8mm.

So i'm unsure if you'd get a decent fit.

The worst problem was the legs on the L.E.D's snapped twice, and I had to hack the glue away. A glue gun would be easier as it's softer and much easier to get off. I'm using a mitre pro glue that dries in a few seconds.

There's not much room at the back of the dash once everything's plugged in that's why the legs snapped, as the wires they were connected to kept on moving and catching so they snapped.

Can anyone take any pics of their setup of the blue LED's? Also what resistor should be used and how many LED's are needed?

Can anyone take any pics of their setup of the blue LED's? Also what resistor should be used and how many LED's are needed?

Only 2 L.E.D's

I can't tell you what resistors they are as I went to maplins' and told them I was hooking the L.E.D's up to 12v power supply, and gave them the info I had about the L.E.D's from eBay, and they matched them up.

I'll get some pics later and sort it out.

When you get to this part on the above guide

dash_04.jpg

Remove the 2 items circled below in red, should be about 1/2 a turn, and it will pop out.

dash_04bb.jpg

These are the standard dash lights which are white L.E.D's covered with a green plastic.

dashled.jpg

Here's a pic of the back of the dash.

IMG_1748bb.jpg

Circled in green is the back of the L.E.D, which is connected to a clear 5amp connector block. Circled in blue ( 2 of these, 1 negative & 1 posative)

It is the same on the other side,

So you have 2 red wires ( 1 from each L.E.D connected to a connector block, which is connected to the green & white wire, which turns the L.E.D's on, when you turn the headlights on.

And there's 2 black wires connected into a connector block, and into 1 wire which is connected to a screw at the back of the dash to act as the negative which is shown in the above guide.

Sorry about the size of the pics, maybe a mod could resize them for me, as I am unsure how to do it.

Only 2 L.E.D's

I can't tell you what resistors they are as I went to maplins' and told them I was hooking the L.E.D's up to 12v power supply, and gave them the info I had about the L.E.D's from eBay, and they matched them up.

I'll get some pics later and sort it out.

I'm using 470Ohm resisters, but 1K will still work, LEDs from Maplins are not that good in quality plus you will be paying a bit too much

Thanks very much m8!

Only prob now.......does any know where 2 get 2 LED's of the right size and a matching resistor? Cheers :thumbsup:

those are only 5mm, you need about 8mm or 10mm if you don't fancy gluing them in.

But if they don't quite fit with a bigger L.E.D you will still have to glue them in, otherwise they will slip out.

I'm using 470Ohm resisters, but 1K will still work, LEDs from Maplins are not that good in quality plus you will be paying a bit too much

I didn't get my L.E.D's from maplins, I had the resistors from maplins, and the L.E.D's from eBay, someone in Hong Kong, but he hasn't sold anymore recently, not the same one's anyway.

about 20 for £1.50 and 99p postage. took 3-5 days to arrive

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links