Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Advise

ToyBoy05

Hi guys,

Anyone know anything about those anti flash sprays that you spray on your license plate? :blink:

Do they work? :huh:

Are they legal in the UK? :ph34r:

welcome and enjoy!

no they arnt legal and i suggest you dont use them. if they work or not is irrelevant

Jay

Im a bit confused with the tone of your reply! :blink:

Why is it irrelevant if they work or not? :huh:

Because they are illegal? :ph34r:

If so, its illegal to go above the speed limit! :ph34r:

Who can honestly say they have never ever gone over the speed limit? :unsure:

i suggest you dont use the product, as it can also be seen at night if lights are shone onto your plate, imagine if its the police behind you.

these forums are likely to be monitored by police anyway so its not a good idea suggesting these things.

there is a difference between speeding 10mph and speeding 10mph with reflective plates so you wont get caught

whether or not people go over the speed limit, they shouldnt and they should take the consequences of being caught if they are.

what you actually do is up to you tho

hope to see you round more on these forums

Jay

They probably won't work.. there a lots of digital imaging products out there for sale that will enhance just about any picture.. so, if its invisable to the eye when you spray it on.. don't you think that these enhancing tools will be fooled?. no? neither do I.

The best way to avoid a speeding ticket is to watch your speed, and stay under the limit.. ok, every now and again we all make a mistake and can find ourselves going a little faster than we should.. if we get caught out, its just one of the joys of motoring.

Another thing.. welcome to TOC.. Its a great club full of information and fun.. a great bunch of people.. well.. most of us are :lol:

lets make this simple...

They are illegal (its called attempting to pervert the course of justice)

They dont actually work.

Even if they did - the police can take the negative, and voila, theres your plate, and two NIP's instead of just one..

Don't work for 2 reasons.

1) They are anti-flash, yes. However, the negatives can be used from a picture, which then show the plate.

2) they work against traffic cars. However, if the No.plate camera in a plod car can't get a fix on your plate, then you'll be tugged.

Not worth it at all - stick to the limits. ;)

Welcome to TOC...........I see it as a waste of money really, I know for a fact that it wouldn't work with lazer speed camera's as they don't use a flash!

Keep you speed down or if you'r really that bothered, by a road angle as they aleart you of speed limits/cameras/and accident spots :thumbsup: !

yup had a copper in my school once tellin us how speed camera worked and he just flipped it to negative and the plate showed up

Yep.... its always easier to try and stay below the limit....

We all have a heavy right foot from time to time (me included!) and I just think well if I'm silly enough to speed, I'm silly enough to get done and have the fine and points and just take it like a man (even though I'm not! lol)

I think anyone who says they have never strayed above the limit in their lives ever is fibbing, but as long as you realise you are and slow down, well thats all you can do really!

Yep.... its always easier to try and stay below the limit....

We all have a heavy right foot from time to time (me included!) and I just think well if I'm silly enough to speed, I'm silly enough to get done and have the fine and points and just take it like a man (even though I'm not! lol)

I think anyone who says they have never strayed above the limit in their lives ever is fibbing, but as long as you realise you are and slow down, well thats all you can do really!

Plus I was reading in the newspaper that it if everybody stuck to the speed limit in the zones, there average full consumption would decrease by 14% per month :thumbsup: !

Hmmm,

Just found a site doing it for £10 a can.

I know what all you guys are saying, I admit I am still very dubious of the item.

But at £10 a can, I may get one as a back up option.

Will have to keep my speed down and stuff, but if i do happen to have a lapse, then maybe just maybe (fingers crossed) the spray may work, or they may not bother with the negative! :D

And thanks for the welcome greetings.

Apply it if you wish, but when they come to check the film, they WILL chekc the negative if there's no plate showing in the original pic.

Besides, if it's a newer digital gatso (no flash), then it won't work at all!

Apply it if you wish, but when they come to check the film, they WILL chekc the negative if there's no plate showing in the original pic

Not to mention you will have two charges to your name, one for speeding and one for attempting to pervert the course of justice

I'm sure I watched some documentary once that shown that the image is already massivly over exposed to start with and its just contrasted down untill all you can see is blackness and your number plate because its reflective, thats how computers are then able to read it and flag the reg plates for fines to be issued automatically.

I've also heard that you can beat the camera's by going over 160mph. Erm...I couldn't try that out if I wanted to, but its the story I heard from some nutter motorcyclist in scarborough.

I'm sure I watched some documentary once that shown that the image is already massivly over exposed to start with and its just contrasted down untill all you can see is blackness and your number plate because its reflective, thats how computers are then able to read it and flag the reg plates for fines to be issued automatically.

I've also heard that you can beat the camera's by going over 160mph. Erm...I couldn't try that out if I wanted to, but its the story I heard from some nutter motorcyclist in scarborough.

160-170MPH.......Done it on Top Gear :thumbsup:

They do not work, and they are not Legal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links