Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Registration.

Jamesb4uk

Just had some post through the door regarding a car i used to own from the DVLA.

How can i make sure that the car has been transfered?

BTW i sold the car in june.

J

When you sold the car you should have sent the change of ownership slip off to the DVLA....................if not you could still be responsible for speeding/parking penalties :(

Just had some post through the door regarding a car i used to own from the DVLA.

How can i make sure that the car has been transfered?

BTW i sold the car in june.

J

I just had a similar problem i had with a car i sold in may. Write off to DVLA and tell them that you sold the car on whatever date, That you DID send off the docs and if possibletell them the name and address of the person you sold it to. Saved myself a £40 fine with 5 mins of letter writing and a stamp. :thumbsup:

When you sold the car you should have sent the change of ownership slip off to the DVLA....................if not you could still be responsible for speeding/parking penalties :(

Yeah it's just a standard letter type thingy that they send out, confirming that they received the V5 stating change of owneship.

What did they want to know about the car?

This happened to me too with my last Yaris.

If you write the DVLA a letter saying where the car is now then it should be alright - I had to tell them the ownership has transferred to the insurance company, as they do when they are written off, as they didnt know, even though I had sent all the paperwork back that I needed to.

Just write them a letter - Rich has just got forms through to tax his 206, but he sold that in July! :rolleyes:

This happened to a friend of mind. He sold the car back in december and the local Toyota garage took the slip from him and said that they would sort it out for him and put it in the post so not to worry.

In the summer he got a speeding ticket on his old car :censor: He went straight down to the dealer and told them what had happened and they said that they would sort it out for him. Since then he hasn't heard anything about the matter again :wacko:

jerry!!

When I put in my car in part exchange for the new one, the dealer said they'd sort the paperwork. I said, no, I'd do it. It's worth it for the few minutes it takes to fill out the form, and the cost of a stamp and envelope. You also then receive the letter of confirmation from the DVLA for your files. Sorted!

When I put in my car in part exchange for the new one, the dealer said they'd sort the paperwork. I said, no, I'd do it. It's worth it for the few minutes it takes to fill out the form, and the cost of a stamp and envelope. You also then receive the letter of confirmation from the DVLA for your files. Sorted!

Yep make sure that you get that confirmation letter from the DVLA :thumbsup: !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links