Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need A New Car For The Nurburgring Trip..

Leeky

Which would you buy?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you buy?

• Nissan Skyline R32 GTR
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 3 (First Shape)
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4 (Second Shape)
    • other

Ring time is slowly drawing near :)

So i need to figure out what im going to buy for myself next.

I've decided i want to return to a lightweight 4WD car as i found corners to be my biggest problem in the Supra TT on this years trip (mostly because its a bit lardy).

So i put it to you 'the people' to help me decide which car i should buy next.

Whichever car i buy it will have BPU fitted so expect all 3 of the cars to be putting out similar horse power (approx 300-350bhp).

I also would like to have comfortable seating for 4 people and a good size boot which again is where these three cars suit my needs well.

Please feel free to suggest any other cars i may have overlooked :) But please dont mention the celica gt4 - already had one of those :thumbsup:

Also NO SCOOBIES :arrgg-matey:

Edited by Leeky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leeky

• Bibbs

• jaxx

• Karma Supra

Ring time is slowly drawing near  :)

So i need to figure out what im going to buy for myself next.

I've decided i want to return to a lightweight 4WD car as i found corners to be my biggest problem in the Supra TT on this years trip (mostly because its a bit lardy).

So i put it to you 'the people' to help me decide which car i should buy next.

Whichever car i buy it will have BPU fitted so expect all 3 of the cars to be putting out similar horse power (approx 300-350bhp).

I also would like to have comfortable seating for 4 people and a good size boot which again is where these three cars suit my needs well.

Please feel free to suggest any other cars i may have overlooked  :)  But please dont mention the celica gt4 - already had one of those  :thumbsup:

A freind had a Tomi Mak Evo 6 and has now got the Evo 8, he says there is know comparison the new Evos are alot better and with 3 years free servicing worth a thought

Sorry the Evo 5/6/7/8/9 are all too heavy and too pricey.

I've driven an evo 7/8 & 4 and didnt see any difference :)

I voted Evo 3, no point getting a 4 as they are almost the same car and as good as each other! :thumbsup:

They will stick to the road like no other car on the road! :yes:

Skyline also gets my vote, my Best Friends Sisters Boyf has got one and I always admire it when I walk past it on their drive..impressive car :yes:

I voted Evo 3, no point getting a 4 as they are almost the same car and as good as each other! :thumbsup:

They will stick to the road like no other car on the road! :yes:

True, but the 3 is the old shape and the 4 is the newer shape same as the 5 & 6. It has a more modern interior and active yaw control.

But...the evo 3 is lighter :unsure:

What no Gt4 on the list! :fishyface:

Out of all them the R32 gets my vote :thumbsup:

mostlly because it's lighter than the evo's but also the engine has more grunt to it, and also has more potential.

If it has to be an Evo:

Then for me personaly it would have to be a Evo 5 upwards; as Mitsi did have a few problems with the handling department for the first few Mk's.

A Renault 21 Turbo Quadra! :P

Seriously though, i'd go for the Evo 4. I do really like Skylines, but they always strike me as a bit lardy. and the Evo 1-3 are starting to get cheap enough to fall into the hands of those who want to upgrade their nova - like happened with the early imprezas and sunny gti-r's. and they're quite old now - be dear if it went pop

I think any Evo would be great on the Ring, but give some thought as to how you might get there ... titchy fuel tank + extremely thirsty engines :D

Was driving to Gent in Belgium a few years ago in my Yaris 1.0 and got off the ferry at Calais with a black Evo VI. Obviously it buzzed away, but about half an hour later I passed it on the E whatever stuck at the side of the road. Petrol stations aren't all that frequent on the main European routes, and if you misjudge it you could run out! :eek:

Paul.

I'm saying Skyline because I'd like to see your video of it going around the 'Ring.

As for other suggestions... Transit van? Remember Top Gear? :bye:

If you get an Evo .. pack your tent and your tyre inflator .. and get new friends .. :D

If you get an Evo .. pack your tent and your tyre inflator .. and get new friends .. :D

Behave yourself, we didnt disown you for buying a s2k :P :lol:

Looks like its an Evo4 for me, its always been an Evo4 really but i needed to be sure.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links