Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Computer Help

SMW

For a friend . .

He can type URL directly into address bar but can't click into any dialogue boxes.

So when on Google he can't actually click into the search box and type anything - the cursor just doesn't appear ?

However he can click on hot links (correct term ?) i.e. 'images' in Google and it goes to the image search but he can't then enter search text.

Not sure if this makes any sense but if anyone knows a cure please reply.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Steve

Sounds 'well dodgy' to me.

If I were him I'd get a spyware removal tool and scan the PC (assuming he hasn't got one).

Spybot Search and Destroy is a good one, and it's free from www.spybot.info; of course he might have difficulty downloading it from there in which case if you PM me I'll download it to an ftp site for him.

Best to do a backup before running it, though if I'm honest I don't always do that.

Tony

definately run virus scan and adaware stuff.... also get him to delete his temp internet files and cookies etc.... might be something in them... failing that... repair windows? :P sounds dodgy to me

For a friend . .

He can type URL directly into address bar but can't click into any dialogue boxes.

So when on Google he can't actually click into the search box and type anything - the cursor just doesn't appear ?

However he can click on hot links (correct term ?) i.e. 'images' in Google and it goes to the image search but he can't then enter search text.

Not sure if this makes any sense but if anyone knows a cure please reply.

Cheers.  :thumbsup:

Steve

What browser is he using?

Also after a virus/spyware scan.......do a windows update (if you have it!)!

This will update all windows software with patchs plus install security updates for your machine, and install new/updated drivers!

This is a must really!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links