Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got A Parking Ticket

jay dh

i thought that if you were parked where you shouldnt be, you have 10 mins from when the attendent notices your car until the ticket is issued. is this true or more a good guesture?

i wasnt in the car at the time

on my ticket they waited 9 minutes

cheers

Jay

i thought that if you were parked where you shouldnt be, you have 10 mins from when the attendent notices your car until the ticket is issued.  is this true or more a good guesture?

i wasnt in the car at the time

on my ticket they waited 9 minutes

cheers

Jay

they did it straight away on mine, so i ran out, and just drove off

she didnt write the ticket, but i got done for "not waiting".

but, the letter i got came through about 5 months later, as it says you have not paid for "not waiting", so they put the price of the fine up. but if i didnt get a ticket.. how am i supposed to pay

Screwed this system

Could have been worse, i had my lexus towed away for going into my ex's house for only 5mins.

Had to get taxi from bethnal green to the millenium dome to get to the impound yard and pay £200 to have it released.

I live in Reading so i had no choice but to pay it so i could get my car back the same day as it was getting late and i was otherwise stranded :(

The whole system is one big rip off :angry:

Prolly not a good time to mention I used to design the damn things! :(

Flippin funny when my ex got a PCN in Reading though and I'd designed it a couple of weeks before (that's poetic justice for you). I always felt like putting a minute disclaimer on it saying 'excludes cars owned by Charis' somewhere. :lol:

I think it all depends if the warden is a jobs-worth - don't they get a bonus or gifts based upon the amount of tickets they issue in a week or something like that?

I thought you had 15 minutes on double yellows, I know if some1 parks outside the office & a warden walks past they take a note then carry on walking, if the vehicle is still there by the time they walk past again they book them.

Never actually known any1 to get collared outside the office though, but parking hasn't been much of a problem while I've been here, maybe it's related to that.

don't they get a bonus or gifts based upon the amount of tickets they issue in a week or something like that?

i dont know if its a bonus but i thought there were targets to meet and they were pushed to meet them...

where i parked was not dangerous and not disruptive, im gona send them a letter asking for it to be cancelled, mite as well try!

Jay

Who ya gonna call??

TICKETBUSTERS!

"If the Parking Attendant has not placed the ticket on your vehicle, or handed it to you, then the ticket has not been properly served and is therefore invalid."

So in my case.. they lied to me??

yea, ive heard that

if the ticket hasnt been received, as in contact with u or the car, it doesnt count

didnt know the hat one though

Darren got one for parking in the leisure centre carpark for 5mins! They said it had been there 15 but we wernt! and we were sat in the car, we were confident that the cctv would be in our favour.

He tried to sort it out but the woman told him he either payed it or payed double as they wernt going to drop it. so we ended up paying £30

Why didnt he just drive away sharon? Could have saved himself some money

The above rule is true - they have to physically put the ticket on the car

T x

we had to pick my little sister up, and it came through the post. he could hardly drive away from it that way

I don't know of any minimum time limits they are allowed to give, after all if it's a double yellow then it's there for a reason (apparently!)....

Might aswell give it a try with the letter tho ;)

I don't know of any minimum time limits they are allowed to give, after all if it's a double yellow then it's there for a reason (apparently!)....

Might aswell give it a try with the letter tho ;)

yea i am

i dont know the reason for the double yellow, no-one in the house does!

Probably some council money-making scam thing!  :wacko:

it must be

cos the double yellow is over 3 driveways on one side of the road

When we were in Nottingham at the weeked, we parked up outside the train station to pick our friend up and noticed a traffic warden coming towards us.... we shouted to our mate to "RUN", it was all like an action movie - and she ran to the car, climbed in and we sped off just before he got to us! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links