Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wish They Did This When I Was A Kid Thread

jay dh

i came across a Freester 24V Electronic Car and it got me thinking. there are so many things kids have now, i wish were around when i was a kid

how cool is this little car (tad pricey tho)- http://www.agameshop.co.uk/ishop/992/shopscr1025.html

i did love my ketticar (sp) tho

are there things around now that you wish were around when you were a kid?

Jay

A lot of the stuff kids nowadays have IS stuff we had!

My Little Pony

Furby

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles

Tamagotchi

I had all of the above and I cant believe it's all coming back! :thumbsup:

tamagotchi is back?

i knew there were better versions of it now but didnt know that name was still around

I honestly can't think of anything around now that I wish I could have as a kid.

I really believe that some kids toys are getting more and more ridiculous. Where can they use their imagination and creativity? It's all delivered on a plate for the instant food, TV and PlayStation generation. I know people were probably saying the same things in the 80's... but popular games/toys included Connect-4, Guess Who, Mr Pop, Etch a Sketch, Transformers, Rubix Cube and the like which encouraged a thought process.

Kids toys are all too commercial, image conscious and expensive these days.

I honestly can't think of anything around now that I wish I could have as a kid.

I really believe that some kids toys are getting more and more ridiculous. Where can they use their imagination and creativity? It's all delivered on a plate for the instant food, TV and PlayStation generation. I know people were probably saying the same things in the 80's... but popular games/toys included Connect-4, Guess Who, Mr Pop, Etch a Sketch, Transformers, Rubix Cube and the like which encouraged a thought process.

couldnt agree more! :thumbsup:

How about putting this the other way around.. are there things that were around when you were a kid, that you wish were around now.

Remember the long piece of string.. it had 2 handles at either end.. and a plastic oval shaped ball on the string.. you pulled the 2 handles apart on your end and the ball shot down to the other end of the string.. then your friend sent it back.. hours of fun.

I found a slightly different version of this a while ago.. same thing but it was a sponge ball that you soacked with water and sent to your friend.

Too true!

Luckily Lucys still at the age where some of her favourite toys only costed about £3 :lol::thumbsup:

I used to spend most of my time a sa kid makind things (usually toy cars, go karts, and dens) out of bits of wood and things I could find.... I useed to always take things apart to see how they worked, and without fail get them back together and working again!!!

The only realy toy I played with was LEgo and later Lego technic... which I learnt even more from, then I moved onto the DIY radio controled cars, then the petrol RC cars....

Changing a headgasket used to be a five minute job :(

Good Point Karma...........Car engines were much more straight forward when I was a kid. No computer, basic Electronics...........fixable !

They don't even look like engines now !

has anyone seen those kids bikes that are like lo-rider motorbikes?

they have full on wide tyres like a motorbike, and lo-rider handle bars! saw a kid on one the other day and thought i wish ide had one!

also well wanted night vision goggles as a kid!

(although to be honest, i still well want some! :lol: )

Lego :yes: and anything car related, used to be a little shop in Bridlington, used to go there with my Gran and Grandad to the caravan and they sold pukka Siku toys

http://www.sikudirect.com/

expensive but awesome scale models, always wanted a massive mobile crane they did but it was worth a fortune!

always used to get one on holiday and could never decide which one i wanted :lol:

would love to have them all again though, as even though they were pricey they got 'played' with ;)

always played with toy cars lego(an technic), mecahno (sp), and then got into hornby trains, oh and ive always collected cars used to get a model every time i went on holiday got a fair few days gone model and alot of 1.18 scale burago ones, got the mclaren F1 when it first came about i was so chuffed and my dad took alot of persuading to buy it me at 35 quid when i was only about 10

ooh had some proper HPI RC cars! awesome fun and proper down to the last nitty gritty, especially the Nitro engined ones!

got the mclaren F1 when it first came about i was so chuffed and my dad took alot of persuading to buy it me at 35 quid when i was only about 10

sweet ive got the orange mclaren F1 XP1LM back in my room at home, thats the coolest f1 ever!

oh yeah forgot how sweet lego was.... :D

I quite like the idea of those kiddy food makers you can buy, like a smaller safer version of the things adult use..I know there is a candy floss maker amongst other things..I would've loved that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links