Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mp3 Players

Fidgits

Okay, i've decided to catch up, and put my minidisc player on the shelf and get a MP3 player...

the only problem is, i dont know which one to get...

I like the Ipod nano, for its size and weight - but the Battery life is a little short, and i have a real issue with the closed itunes software...

I also like the creative zen micro, although bigger, good Battery life, up to 6Gb (which will do) but i've heard bad things about the headphone socket breaking..

I saw rio's as well, but these are cheaper - are they any good?

Any other reccomendations welcome... looking for a minimum of 5Gb, 20 hours Battery life, sturdy but light and small...

the rio sell pretty wel and we havent had any back as of yet. they and small and very sleek. but not 100% on how they operate

Jerry is right.... I have an iRiver... fantastic little bit of kit.... mine is the HP-20 which is a bit bigger than an iPod.. btu they come in all shapes n sizes...

The general consensus is the Battery life is better than iPod, and they tend to have more features.... I know my HP-20 is very simple to connect to a PC... its effectively an external HDD... plug it in and off you go... no fussy iTunes :P

I have to say, that Iriver looks good, the H10 looks the right size and weight - and they have a 20gig version, which is cool, a bit pricey, but looks a good piece of kit...

what shops sell them, i wouldnt mind going to have a look first..

The Rio looks very funky...... :thumbsup:

I'm not keen on the Ipod personally, mainly cause of all the horror stories I've heard about them and their flimsy screens.... :unsure:

take a look at the Sony NW-HD1 - 20gb, battery: Up to 30 hours , weight 110g :thumbsup:

cant complain for under 200 squid...

J

I'm not keen on the Ipod personally, mainly cause of all the horror stories I've heard about them and their flimsy screens....  :unsure:

the screen only brake on the nanos atm. and u dont like them cos u couldnt use mine at JAE :P

The amount of time you spend on the phone and traveling just get a Sony w800 and upgrade the memory card :D

Love mine to bits, means you don't have to carry 2 devices around, pauses the music when a call comes in and you can use any headphones (standard small jack) with it !!

I'm not keen on the Ipod personally, mainly cause of all the horror stories I've heard about them and their flimsy screens....  :unsure:

the screen only brake on the nanos atm. and u dont like them cos u couldnt use mine at JAE :P

I blame the copious amounts of alcohol - and the fact you lot had a remote! :lol:

Bar stewards, the lot of ya! :lol::lol:

I have to say, that Iriver looks good, the H10 looks the right size and weight - and they have a 20gig version, which is cool, a bit pricey, but looks a good piece of kit...

what shops sell them, i wouldnt mind going to have a look first..

Currys sell them mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Yeah that's the just the Nano but Apple are sorting it out :thumbsup: !

Just because you have an iPod doesn't mean that you have to use iTunes as you can download separate software or download packs to make it work with other media players, plus there are lots of hacks!

Of course your going to pay extra because of the name!

Apple is the Versarche of computers!

I blame the copious amounts of alcohol - and the fact you lot had a remote! :lol:

Bar stewards, the lot of ya! :lol::lol:

was funny as hell tho :P

wudnt go got a nano tbh, looks gr8, but like all ipods the sound quality is not all that great, cant use it was a external harddrive and the Battery life is not up to scratch tbh.

I wud probably go with something like a iaudio x5, bigger player, but full of functionality!

Ed

The amount of time you spend on the phone and traveling just get a Sony w800 and upgrade the memory card :D

Love mine to bits, means you don't have to carry 2 devices around, pauses the music when a call comes in and you can use any headphones (standard small jack) with it !!

Yep I just got my Bro's Nokia 6230i and stuck in a bigger memmory card. It's got radio, MP3 and of course a phone. Gave my MP3 player to me daughter. My bro got the 6680 1.3mp camera MP3 player and he stuck on the Navicore Sat Nav software with a blue tooth in car kit. It's the dogs b-llok's and both of us are now only carrying one device. Which I'm loving

Fidgits me laddo a dam fine avitar!!! :thumbsup:

My friend's got an I-river. Wicked piece of kit. His is a koean one though, and is louder than the European one, as the european one had to be toned down because it was too loud for european standards (or something along those lines). He's also done un update on it through the ineternet which allows him to watch videos on it at 10fps. Ok, sounds naff, but the videos are actually pretty good quality on it. Then you also get the picture viewer, and the facility to use it as an e-book. not bad really!

My 6230 can do that too, i looked at using it, but your not going to get much for than a gig or so in one, and the menu can be tricky, the MP3 players i can put most of my CD's on, and pick and choose depending on my mood... but good idea mate..

Ahem.... Versace dear..... ;)

LOL - i thought the same :lol: and i disagree - I like Versace (not as much as Armani though) i'd say Apple is the Alfa of the electronics world - style over substance...

w800i menu is similar to that of the ipod, artists, albums, tracks and playlists etc. 2Gb MS Duo's are cheap on eBay at the mo if more memory wanted although 190 songs on the 512Mb card with room for vids etc...

Just one less thing to carry on your travels and the best bit as said before is the ability to use any headphones you like unlike most phone equivalents...

Camera is autofocus 2Mp and surprisingly good quality....

Ahem.... Versace dear..... ;)

LOL - i thought the same :lol: and i disagree - I like Versace (not as much as Armani though) i'd say Apple is the Alfa of the electronics world - style over substance...

Well, I've taught you something vital to life then havent I - the correct spelling of Versace....

Thats so, when you search online for my Christmas present.... its "Versace dress", not "Versarche dress" :thumbsup: :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links