Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mr2

caz

You need to understand - for companies like Toyota, the dealers have no actual connection to the Car company.

The dealerships are franchises - so they 'lease' the right to sell new Toyota's, and use the Toyota name and logo's..

More often than not, they are ran by a company, like Fish Brothers, than have franchises for most normal car companies (Renault, ford etc), and in other cases, it is individuals etc...

But the fact remains, the dealership is in control of a completely separate entity - and (short of a very clued up salesman) only has the information which the car company sends to them in press releases etc...

I do understand that Fidgits. My local Toyota has recently left the Octagon franchise.

Fact is, they are still selling Toyotas under the Toyota brand and should make it their business to know about new releases whether via PR or through information around the scene.

I do not appreciate being spoken to like a liar when I know full damn well a new Yaris will be launched next year. Just because an official Toyota headed piece of paper has not come to them stating this fact does not excuse ignorance.

If they did know and opted to keep it hush-hush then a simple "I have not been provided official information on this" will suffice. I do not want to be given a load of bull on the subject. It not only looks unprofessional, but what confidence can you have in a salesman (or garage) who will swear blind that your information is incorrect and therefore untrue just because they haven't heard about it?

i wasnt arguing with you Charis - just saying why the dealerships sometimes dont know whats going on within the car company...

aaaa they can be all as good as me, thank you sir for buying the Yaris, now would you like some extras fitted, Mud Flap, HKS Turbo, Seat cover, Tein adjustables :lol: . the best ive ever had was one Gentleman ask why should he buy an IS200 Sport over a A4, 15 minutes still coughing on the Tyre smoke :P he said he would take it :lol:.

because i dont want a car that is no more !!!

will wait to see wot they replace with

Nowt wrong with owning a model that they dont make anymore... parts will always be available as long as the cars are still around... :thumbsup: :P

*hugs her mk2 MR2 ... so much prettier girly than a mk3 ;) hehehe

Couldn't be bothered reading all replys so sorry if this has been said...

It has been said there is a LTD MR2 coming out.. still a MK3, but the guys at TTE are tuning it up with a turbo (195bhp) it will have upgraded suspension, and more in the way of rigidity.. side beams inside the sills or something.. roll bars etc upgraded too.

If it's an MR2 you want.. then come 2006 there will be no more getting made.. the made as the engines don't meet the new laws for emisions, same with the Celica and the Rav 4 (although the Rav 4 is getting a new engine and will continue to be produced).

New Toyota sports cars will be Branded Lexus, from what i have been told.

This is a quote from ToyotPR...

Oh, harsh words! 

The LF-A (concept 200mph sports cars shown at Detroit Show this January) highly likely to be a real car, more than very likely to be badged a Lexus.

Why?

Well, $100,000 cars more suited to a Lexus dealer network.

As for MR2 and Celica they are now six years old and will not meet the Euro4 emission regs that come into force in 2006.  We sell relatively few of them so it is simply not worth the cost of re-engineering the engines to pass.  Debatable if mass market sports cars have a future (i.e. the success of Audi TT (not a VW you'll notice) might mean a Lexus coupe might be a bigger seller than a similarly priced new Celica, for example).

Another boring but important fact is the need to hit an average CO2 output of 140g/km. That means we need to be selling loads of Aygos to sell a few Land Cruisers.  Sports cars don't help much - but then with the new hybrids redefineing what a sports car might be who knows.  I hear the new GS450h due next year is BMW M5 quick.

Plus making money by selling cars people want rather than what Ford and GM do is pretty exciting from my (and my pension's) viewpoint!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links