Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Worst Thing You Can Hear

sotal

I wouldn't use 3 of one make, and 1 of another for example.

Ideally a whole set, but 2 pairs is ok. Just as long as you use one pair for front and the other at the rear.

Where's Davy! :D

If he doesn't see this Sotal, send cfc1 a PM ;)

They call him "Tyre Man!"

:D

I'm here.. I'm here... been fitting tyres all day :lol:

How important is it to have the same make all round?

Just having a look on that site I can get other makes a lot cheaper

The following are all about £50 a corner inc VAT and p&p

Dunlop SP Sport

Firestone Firehawk

Pirelli p6000

Goodyear Eagle

Goodyear HydraGrip

Does it matter if they say they are for certain cars??

You can get Pirelli P6000 205/55 R16 91V für Ford-Modelle - which are £45.40 +VAT

or

Pirelli P6000 205/55 R16 91V für BMW-Modelle - which are £46.40 +VAT

OK.. 1st of all glad you got the tyre repaired :thumbsup:.. a BS standard repair is speed rated to 130mph, so.. in general use.. you have nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on the pressure over the next week or so, as repairing them isn't an exact science.. can be a bit of a hit or miss.. in other words.. the fitter might have missed the hole :lol:

The tyres you have listed above are all good makes.. personaly i wouldn't touch Pirelli, but its a personal choice.. out of those listed i would go for either of the Goodyears.

Tyres that say they are for certain cars is to do with the rubber compound of a particular tyre being tuned to a particular car.. eg....

185/55x15 Yokohama A??? (can't remember tread code :lol:)

185/55x15 Yokohama A??? MR2

The above tyres look exactly the same.. but the mr2 tyre has a different compound that has been developed especially for the MR2

There is not really any reason why these tyres can't be fitted to other marques.. other than tyres that maybe reinforced/extra load or Run Flat tyres.. these wouldn't help with the handling on certain cars. It's obviously better not to fit them unless you own that specific car.. also, these are normally more expensive than the standard tyre..

Pirelli P6000 205/55 R16 91V für BMW-Modelle - which are £46.40 +VAT

Pirelli P6000 205/55 R16 91V would normally be cheaper

In the eyes of the law.. you don't need to have 4 tyres the same make on your car.. all the law asks for is that across each axle has to be the same size... but if you can't get a set of 4, then 2 pairs is better than 4 different makes.

Any other questions just ask... i only charge £5.00 an hour for free advice :)

I use a Renault Kangoo Van as a work vehicle. The time came for its DoE (Commercial form of NCT/MoT)

Got a snotty bugger of a tester. He failed it on tyres. They were perfect. He said that the ones I had on were rated 7.9 & I had to have 8s. It has had 7.9s all its life, including previous tests!

Went back to my main dealer, where bought & gave out satink about thick tester. I produced the hand book which had come with it -7.9s.

No use they said. New regs. Must have 8s :ffs: :ffs:

4 new tyres & 4 perfectly good ones up the Swanee. The 7.9s are going back on till the next test, or until they are worn :cacker:

Hang on a sec...

Has noone else commented.... 500m to work, why not just walk :D :D :D

it's not 500m to work. I just pulled over 500m from the house to check my tyres, then drove 6 miles to work. So it was somewhere between checking the tyres and work :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links