Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Worst Thing You Can Hear

sotal

tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,

Yes I stepped out of my car to hear the lovely noise of air coming out of my rear tyre :ffs:

There is a huge big screw stuck right in the centre of the tread :crybaby:

What makes it worse?...... I drove over some glass this morning as I left the house so I pulled over and checked all my tyres to make sure there was no glass on them :ffs: So when I got to work and heard the noise I though Arrggh F'in Glass, then found a huge screw in it instead. Must have happened inbetween checking the tyres 500 metres from my house and getting to work :ffs:

So I think not too worry these things happen - I'll stick the oddly sized (14") spare on, so the toolkits in the bit on the right in the boot. 1 jack, 1 spare wheel - no wheel brace!!

So I'll just have to pump it up and get to a local place, just moved office though so it'll have to be a yellow pages job.

Should I get the same tyre again?? They currently all match. They are Mitchellin Pilot Premacy 205,55,16. Should I just get that one repaired from the inside? Any ideas on price for the tyres so I know if I'm getting ripped off? I'll do a search on the net in a min

if its in the centre of the tread can you not just get it repaired??????????

Yeah it is right in the middle of the tread, just phoned a place which is about 1/2 a mile away on the same road as me and they said they would just repair it for £10 - does that sound OK??

Is it just as safe to have them repaired? I asked the bloke and he said yep they have to do them to a british standard etc etc - but he's a salesman!

10 sounds about right

never heard anyone say they have had a repaired tyre blow out so should be fine.

unless you use it on track days etc

Worse thing I heard when arriving at work was " we're closing the workshop down, go tell your staff that you and them are all redundant" :(

Right it's repaired - got the front two balanced whilst I was there as well so £20 in total - not too bad I guess.

I think I had it in my mind that repairs were bad from reading motorbike mags etc, but then I guess it's a bit more crucial when you've only got two tyres on the ground

Worse thing I heard when arriving at work was " we're closing the workshop down, go tell your staff that you and them are all redundant"  :(

I guess that put it in perspective! :(

Right it's repaired - got the front two balanced whilst I was there as well so £20 in total - not too bad I guess.

I think I had it in my mind that repairs were bad from reading motorbike mags etc, but then I guess it's a bit more crucial when you've only got two tyres on the ground

They're only dodgy when they're on the sides outer edges of the tyre - I.e. not the middle section that maintains the most contact with the road.

Simply because the areas of the tyres that make contact with the road when cornering come under stress, and hence, can blow out.

Car tyres obviously have a much wider area that can repaired if necessary. ;)

I think I would still change it on the bike no matter where it was, for the sake of £90's worth of rubber vs major injury and major expense for the bike!!

*Reminds himself he's got to fork out £160 for 2 new tyres as the back one is **** and the front one has a bout 100 miles left on it*

Lol.

I used to use Bridgestone, but Tomahawks are alot cheaper - possibly because they are aircraft standard re-moulds basically.

I have a 120 front/ 180 rear too.

BT020's use to cost me about £180 fitted!

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I just had a look around to see how much replacement tyres are going to cost me when I do need to replace the tyre. The cheapes online place I can find is about £81 a corner for the Michelin Pilot Primacy 205 55 16's that are on!

Anyone know any cheap places to get these sort of tyres or can anyone recommend another brand for the celica?? If I can find them cheap enough I'll buy one to keep spare so that I can just have it changed when required

The place in gold offering discount is the same place I found from google!!

Direct through from google they are £81 each (or £77 each if you buy more than one)

Using the details from Gold they are £71.80 each so it saves a bit! (Just over 12% discount) - Still shocked to find out how much but still!!

Could just do with a 16" Steel (or alloy) wheel to keep it on as a proper spare!

I persoanlly think "clank clank clank, oh :censor: there goes another bottom end" is worse!!!! :lol:

How important is it to have the same make all round?

Just having a look on that site I can get other makes a lot cheaper

The following are all about £50 a corner inc VAT and p&p

Dunlop SP Sport

Firestone Firehawk

Pirelli p6000

Goodyear Eagle

Goodyear HydraGrip

Does it matter if they say they are for certain cars??

You can get Pirelli P6000 205/55 R16 91V für Ford-Modelle - which are £45.40 +VAT

or

Pirelli P6000 205/55 R16 91V für BMW-Modelle - which are £46.40 +VAT

I wouldn't use 3 of one make, and 1 of another for example.

Ideally a whole set, but 2 pairs is ok. Just as long as you use one pair for front and the other at the rear.

Where's Davy! :D

If he doesn't see this Sotal, send cfc1 a PM ;)

They call him "Tyre Man!"

:D

If you have to mix and match I woudl always reccomend having matched pairs per axle....

Having said that I am still running on my spare wheel.... Michelin pilots all round... apart from the "budget" (it even says it on it lol)

I really have to get that sorted!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links