Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sports Cat, Manifold, Induction, Seats...

seveer unaek

Sorry iv taken a while to post, but last thursday I.....

Finally got me something made of stainless steel!!

Envy's rather brilliant Sports Cat and mid-section system! Coupled with the Megan Header and TTE backbox my babys making some lovely noises! It's a lovely deep burble that bursts into a belting great sports car growl once pushing past 4000rpm towards 6000rpm... just brilliant!

The craftsmanship is excellent and the fitment was done super-quick and expertly too! The rattles from before with only the manifold are now gone and i have super-smooth effortless nice-ness! There is sooo much more pull available at higher revs & speeds... it's just brilliant!

Theres pics below, plus pics of my Manifold, T-Sport seats, my re-located Apexi filter and a a few dabs of paint under the hood!

CAT:

Cat2.jpg

Mid-Section:

Mid_section.jpg

Pipework to Babckbox (bent down... very jap!)

Pipework.jpg

Manifold:

Manifold.jpg

Apexi:

Apexi.jpg

Seats:

Seats.jpg

Engine Bay:

Engine_Bay.jpg

Belting im sure you'll agree!!

dude - looks stunning, i bet u cant wait to drive her know, i couldnt when i had mine fitted!!

seats look top notch aswell :thumbsup:

Thats a nice car with a lot of the mods i would like :D So go on then how good does it sound (sound clip hint hint!) Carlo blue is definitely been growing on me ever since i saw rays in the flesh/metal! Has a lot of depth too it :D

Well done and good luck to you on future mods :P

Oooo regarding Apexi location, correct me if im wrong but does the induction pipe work lead to the rear of the engine yeah? If so isnt there a loooooong bit of pipe work to the engine with a lot of bends in it? surely not that beneficial then? I forget which one has the intake at the front and which one has it at the rear so forget me if im wrong :P

Edited by Woody27

That sports cat/header system makes a lovely noise doesnt it mate - well done and good choice!

Engine bay bling coming along nicely too - and the seats look nice too!

Had any comments from the neighbours yet?

That looks the donkey's - the seats in particular :yes:

Nice one :thumbsup:

A

looking good, and coming along nicely.

any chance of a sound clip of exhaust, manifold and cat

Oooo regarding Apexi location, correct me if im wrong but does the induction pipe work lead to the rear of the engine yeah? If so isnt there a loooooong bit of pipe work to the engine with a lot of bends in it? surely not that beneficial then? I forget which one has the intake at the front and which one has it at the rear so forget me if im wrong :P

Nah, a few inches to the left of the apexi is where the air goes into the engine! That's the throttle body!

That sports cat/header system makes a lovely noise doesnt it mate - well done and good choice!

Engine bay bling coming along nicely too - and the seats look nice too!

Had any comments from the neighbours yet?

Ay, sounds belting mate... thanks for all the advice with it all!

Neighbours though?!?! Drug dealers over the road, Graveyard behind, Builders yard next door, church the other side... i have noooo problems! There were fireworks going off here in June! My cars mouse quite to all the other noises here!

apexi??? relocated using a coke-a-cola bottle????? :lol:

Oh yes... you love it ya slag! It's pure DIY at it's best... bodge it and scarper! (Where's my hose?!?!) (Seriously... you never pm'd me your address!! :thumbsup: )

looking good, and coming along nicely.

any chance of a sound clip of exhaust, manifold and cat

Erm... iv actually got some really good video clips with awesome sound and video, but they were taken on my mates DVD camcorder and the file format it copies onto your HDD is crap that can't be used with anything, so i can't reduce the size, chop it up or anything!

Oh, thanks to everyone else for the comments... im very much pleased with it all!

good stuff dude, glad ur pleased with the set up

for those interested in sound clips, check chris post about him going deaf, or earpls santa pod post as i have put some vids on there

What seats are they then, for those Yarii novices like me out there?

That'll be the T-Sport seats Gnome, nice and supportive and drop straight in! :thumbsup:

Looking good Keanu, its coming along nicely! :D B)

How much did the cat and mid section cost if ya dont mind me asking??

Now ive seen it done on a 1.3 i'm rather interested coz I thought Kev made them for the t-sport only??

Says £350 plus £50 fitting in his garage :thumbsup: Check it out for piccies and details :D

P.S. good to see someone putting the effort into his garage (i.e. giving pictures, costs, and rating them WITH a comment :D)

Says £350 plus £50 fitting in his garage  :thumbsup:  Check it out for piccies and details :D

P.S. good to see someone putting the effort into his garage (i.e. giving pictures, costs, and rating them WITH a comment :D)

Thank you kindly! Don't forget to comment now!

Yeah, i do try to keep it helpful... main point of it in my opinion!

To Baby... Almost anything that the fits the T-Sport will fit the Phase One 1.3 Yaris. Except for certain suspension items and some bodywork most other stuff should fit as they essentially the same. Even the block is the same size, it's summat to do with the rods i think that gives the T-Sport it's 1.5 output.

Just to re-iterate a point to anyone considering this... it sounds frickin' awesome!

Tah muchly, very handy to know.

I spose Kev has to build them on demand does he or do they stock them??

He doesn't build them... it's another company that does. Even then... it ain't building... it's crafstmanship! (Iv been watching too much home improvement! Grurhhahhaa!)

But yeah, he usually has one in stock i believe! Demand is steady, so it pays to keep one in i suppose!

Daytime tv eh!

Cheers for all your help mate!

Yeah! Im currently suffering with a chest infection and you can't do my job if you can't breath... so it's day-time tv for me!

papabricole01.jpg

Excellent mate, im getting my de cat and manfiold fitted not this wednesday coming but next should be good!

good stuff dude about time too, uve been rating and raving about them for months :lol::thumbsup:

Looks sweet, when you relocate the apexi do you use any kind of bracing bars, like the ones that come with the filter?

Looks sweet, when you relocate the apexi do you use any kind of bracing bars, like the ones that come with the filter?

Nah, i didn't... it just sits there... it's still got the Battery plate to sit on. Just make sure you wedge it in with some sponge or something if you hate knocks and rattles, because it knocks and rattles!!

It's dead easy to do... just a bit of brutal pursuasion with the Battery and it's holdings to make it sit where it should and not wobble!

The car is looking good, nice choice of Mods! :P

How was your trip up here?

Thanks

Kevin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links