Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Amp Wiring

dwardu

Fellas,

I have a Corolla E12 and I am considering to get a sub for my boot, didn't consider what to get yet since i want to get the wiring done first. I would like to know from where it is best to pass the power cable for the amp in the boot. I noticed a round rubber housing under the hood which seems to lead behind the glove compartment but it is so thight that nothing goes trough. I was also wondering how to get access to the rear Speakers since i might consider changing them as well, and i need to get the signal for the amp.

I am also thinking of putting a switch somewere (under the seat maybe) so that i can switch the sub on an off when i please. I was thinking of a simple 2 core wire, on one end having the switch and on the other the sub (which will be connected to the supply and signal).

Can anyone help please?

10x

Edi

Ok,

First off the gromit if similar to mine should pop out & you can widen a hole & pass the cable through.

Not sure on the Speakers though i'm sure someone will be along to help.

as for the switch you shouldnt need one, most Amps have a remote wire that when hooked up correctly will activate the amp when the stereo comes on.

But can i ask why your doing the wiring first? Surly without knowing how much power your looking at getting you won't know what guage wire to get.

J

i was considering a 150W Alpine amp with a kicker sub, i'm not considering anything huge. But u're right about the wire, i should check what amp i'll be getting first.

The gromet u mentioned, it's near the fuse box right? it has a lot of coloured wires which are taped together. So you are telling me to pull out that gromet, pass the wire and re-insert the gromet so it seals everything...good to know.

Now, regarding the signal from the H/U, do u have any idea if the OEM H/U has a signal output?

one other thing...what kind/brand of Amp and Sub would you guys suggest me to get? i am not looking at anything big really. I am quite into brands when it omes to home equipment but i'm slightly green on in-car brands.

Ed

bing...it's good to post in different forum topics as it gets more feedback :) 10x a lot for your help. i will surely refere to you if i have any trouble..if you don't mind that is :)

Now, regarding the signal from the H/U, do u have any idea if the OEM H/U has a signal output?

The OEM H/U "DOESN'T" have any pre-outs, so the best way for this is to change it from a speaker output to a phono/RCA output, like this  Linky  this the quick and easiest way if the unit doesn't have such things

one other thing...what kind/brand of Amp and Sub would you guys suggest me to get? i am not looking at anything big really. I am quite into brands when it omes to home equipment but i'm slightly green on in-car brands.

Alot of it is try and see, or ask and on a forum, try here Linky

I've had to go throught about 4 different amp to get what i've got now, even on the home audio stuff, spent silly amounts on that as well to get the home amp i wanted, i even got told it sounded better than my local cimema  :lol:

Ed

bing...it's good to post in different forum topics as it gets more feedback  :) 10x a lot for your help. i will surely refere to you if i have any trouble..if you don't mind that is  :)

I'm sure enough people know me here with my install, and so many want what i've got, not trying to blow my own trumpet  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Bing,

i know that the OEM unit has no phono output. when i said signal i was refering to the switch-on signal for the amp. Do you know of any?

it's not much of a problem cause i have a work around :)

Ed

i know that the OEM unit has no phono output. when i said signal i was refering to the switch-on signal for the amp. Do you know of any?

On the back of the unit, you will find on the power supply with a constant live and switchable live.

Constant live is for like memory for radio, or security codes so don't pull it off unless your sure of the code  :thumbsup:

Switchable live is for the unit to be able to turn on, such as from the ignition, so you should be able to tap a feed from there.

Should be ok, can't be that much power being drawn off from it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links