Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Tips

vmail

New location now, I'll be going to Miama, maybe tomoz. Do you have to leave tips? If I dont tip would that be rude in the US?

yeah - your expected to tip 15% to waitresses... not leaving a tip is extremley rude.

any airport shuttle, valet, or bell boy, tip a couple of bucks.

Bar staff, generally tip a buck.

Oh, and enjoy the immigration - they will take your fingerprints and picture ;)

Party in the city where the heat is on

All night on the beach till the break of dawn

Welcome to Miami (bienvenido a Miami)

Bouncing in the club where the heat is on

All night on the beach till the break of dawn

I'm going to Miami

Welcome to Miami

Sorry, couldn't resist that (you did mean Miami - never heard of Miama).

Do visit Southbeach if you can. That said, if you're travelling around visiting places you don't want to be on your own, and you don't want to be stopping anywhere you're not sure about.

PS - I'd tip the same as here.

Yes, thats what I ment. The trip has been delayed again, til next week

i know where you're coming from with the stop sign, what he means is you have to physically stop (handbrake standard) you cant sit on your clutch :thumbsup:

Legally we have to stop with the handbrake in our country at a stop sign

:lol:

That'll be why it took 3 tests!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

if you're travelling around visiting places you don't want to be on your own, and you don't want to be stopping anywhere you're not sure about.

Yeah, & always leave enough space between you & the car in front to pull out & accelerate in an emergency

yeah - your expected to tip 15% to waitresses... not leaving a tip is extremley rude.

any airport shuttle, valet, or bell boy, tip a couple of bucks.

Bar staff, generally tip a buck.

Oh, and enjoy the immigration - they will take your fingerprints and picture ;)

Wot? No anal search? :drool:

I'm finally leaving on Monday. Its going be two flights.

Manchester to Atlanta, GA then to Miami, FL

Hotel isn't booked yet and I don't know which part of Miami I am meant to goto when I arrive.

Could anyone help me to get my laptop to connect to a Nokia 6820a via IR so that I can get GPRS to work. It has only worked once, the other times I get different error numbers 692 and 797. The service provider is Kingston (similar to O2)

Does anyone know where I can get a UK-US plug adaptor by Monday?

Do I apply for a temp visa on the plane or the airport?

Will a 230V device still work on US mains (100V)?

I got no problems with fingerprinting and photos, but anal probes!!! Does anyone know where I can hide my rucksack?

Just when I want a rest, I'm in London week beginning 14th November on a different job. I will be going by Train instead of Car because I can't claim back the congestion charge. I have never been on a train before, is it just like getting a bus? Do you have pre-book your train tickets or can I buy the ticket at the train station? How do I know when to get off the train?

I've made it to the US. Just about. I got interrorgated in Manchester Airport. Mainly because I did not have an address of where I was staying,have a business card or any paperwork to say what I will be working on. No problems in Atlanta or Miami.

There was no anal probing.

Not done anywork today because the AV stuff that was sent last week is stuck in customs, hopefully it should all be sorted in the morning.

Not really, I still get the usual 8hrs pay and get to chill out in Miami. I might not get a car. I'm getting a lift tomoz

I'm only guessing here but I think he might just have been talking about the anal probing. :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links