Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm A Bit Worried About The Car

Caz SR

Thought I'd say:

Happy Diwali!! :thumbsup:

I've never seen so many fireworks in one evening. Hope no sticks hit the old car, but enjoying the show ;)

I used to love the Diwali assemblies we used to have at school!

Happy Diwali everyone!

Leicester has loads going on for Diwali, so a lot of the local Hindus & Sikhs will go there, we've had no fireworks or anything round here at all..... shame really!

1/2 of Leicester is closed off with all the Diwali celebrations going on, been loads of fireworks going off round & about, I'm about 8 miles away.

What the :censor: is Diwali?

How does it affect Yarii?

What the :censor: is Diwali?

How does it affect Yarii?

No need for that was there? :angry:

For those that don't know...

Diwali

Loads of people were celebrating last night round my way. I was saying I hope the car didn't get hit by any stray firework sticks as they were going off by the second.

I was in Hayes yesterday night .. and it went on for about 7 hours!!

It was a pretty damn good show, fireworks were going off as far as the eye could see .. but I wasn't too keen when I wanted to go to bed .. :(

It must depend on where you live then... As Rookey says, there were celebrations going on for hours round my way. It has to be seen to be believed!

I thought it would be the same in most areas, but I was mistaken.

Think I heard two fireworks last night which is less than usual at the moment.

As you say must be a regional thing :thumbsup:

(I found a rocket about 6" away from my celica last week :ffs:)

Quite suprising, with the fairly large Asian community in my local town. I'm sure there are a Sikh and Hindu community settled in the town.

If there's ever fireworks, we can see and hear them where I am, about 4 miles out of town.

Sorry... Living in England I'd not expect non native holidays to be quite as "national", and I'd certainly not expect people to "assume" I know of such things.

I can't say I have ever heard of it, nor ever seen a trace of it in my area :thumbsup:

AS for Diwali assembalies at school :eek::eek::eek: Especially ian day and age whee traditional nativity plays are deemed to not be "politically correct"..

When you've got fireworks going off left right and centre on an evening other than Bonfire Night, it's always good to know what's going on. ;)

It's something I've grown up with. We used to have Diwali assemblies at my school too and to be honest, they were quite good fun. As it was something I had been taught, I thought most schools took part in this and more people would have a knowledge of it. My bad.

I was just trying to be friendly towards the members who might be celebrating it and commenting on how many people were doing just that in my area. Where's the harm in that?

No Harm Charis.. and no need to take the defensive with me.. you know me better then that by now!!! ;)

I just find it mildy offensive that some christian traditions such as nativity plays are branded and not being politically correct in, yet foreign, un-native celebrations are actively supported...

Then again I also find road signs in foreign text in the hearts of UK cities offensive....... :rolleyes:

The loudest ones near us were on Monday night, compared to last night!! altho the ones last night did make me and Yves jump a few times too...both the Yarii escapsed unharmed tho ;)

No Harm Charis.. and no need to take the defensive with me.. you know me better then that by now!!!  ;)

I just find it mildy offensive that some christian traditions such as nativity plays are branded and not being politically correct in, yet foreign, un-native celebrations are actively supported...

Then again I also find road signs in foreign text in the hearts of UK cities offensive.......  :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to start some Athiest festivals .. two of each exquinoxes/solstices .. and "Darwin Day" .. "Copernicus Day" .. You get the idea ;)

Never heard of Diwali before now and never had a Diwali day at school..... maybe it's new thing.....

Never heard of Diwali either. We certainly don't have it here in Ireland, but to be honest, you couldn;t tell the difference.

Halloween is the night when we have Bonfires & fireworks. It was like a battleground for about 6 hours. Fireworks are illegal, btw, but we go over the Border to buy. There is a big warehouse just a couple of hundred yards the far side.

The Guards (Police to you} crack down on lorry loads coming in for resale, bot don't seem to bother with private stocks.

I thought that everyone did this at Halloween.

My poor RedSetter used to have a nervous breakdown every October, coz some couldn't wait for the big night. He would disappear under the table at Christmas when crackers were being pulled. R.I.P.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links