Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have I Damaged My Gearbox?

KevT3

Hey friends,

I have done the gear crunching a few times again in the previous two days, I consider myself as a good driver because my dad is a driving instructor... I have driven for 8 years and never done it more than 2 times in total (especially for 4th to 5th, easy shift eh?) I am just a bit concerned about is there is anything wrong with the gearbox or the clutch...

Any suggestions?

Kev

What's your dad got to do with it? it's you dipping the clutcth!

Hey friends,

I have done the gear crunching a few times again in the previous two days, I consider myself as a good driver because my dad is a driving instructor... I have driven for 8 years and never done it more than 2 times in total (especially for 4th to 5th, easy shift eh?) I am just a bit concerned about is there is anything wrong with the gearbox or the clutch...

Any suggestions?

Kev

I drive with precision as far as I concern :thumbsup:

It's MUST be either my leg is not under my control anymore or there is something wrong with the clutch... I guess it's likely to be the later... ;)

lol :D

yes you cant damage your gearbox but you will for sure damage your synchromash,i seen it happen too many novice driver's who thinks they are rally drivers,they change gear so fast and ramp the gear stick so hard when the car they are in just not able to handle being driven like that.

is very strange he has a problem with 4-5 gears normaly is first second or third gears has these problem's,best thing to do is take it back but knowing toyota dealer's they gonna say is your fault you abuse the car but is worth a try.

lol :D

yes you cant damage your gearbox but you will for sure damage your synchromash,i seen it happen too many novice driver's who thinks they are rally drivers,they change gear so fast and ramp the gear stick so hard when the car they are in just not able to handle being driven like that.

is very strange he has a problem with 4-5 gears normaly is first second or third gears has these problem's,best thing to do is take it back but knowing toyota dealer's they gonna say is your fault you abuse the car but is worth a try.

I took it back to the dealer and the technician said that there IS a noise from the gearbox, they need to strip it down to check.... 10 hours job appearantly... damn ....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links