Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Pc Components In Today!

Leeky

Boys and their toys.... Rich is the same, I know how you feel Charis....

He gets something new... I say "Oooh whats that" and I get the technical schpeel.... I just want to know in lamans terms what it does and if it benefits me somewhat! :lol:

Its really quite easy... anyone with half a brain can do it.....

I just bought all the stuff... its pretty hard to put it together wrong!!!!

All the new stuff is pretty much totally plug and play.. and Windows does the rest!

very true that, it has got really simple to put a new pc together with all the bits out there, only hard part is keeping up with advances in motherboards and chipsets I reckon, the choosing of the bits is hard, the putting together is the easy part :D

sweet sounds good leeky, so whats the specs in your new machine mate?

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (will swap this for a 4000+ after xmas)

Winfast Motherboard with NForce4 - Audio and 100MB/1GB Lan

2GB DDR

1 x 200GB Seagate S-ATA Hard Disk 7200rpm

2 x 120GB Maxtor ATA 133 Hard Disks @ 7200rpm

Philips DVD-RW+

Media Card front mount Reader

ASUS Cool Running Case

Upgraded 500w Power Supply

Nvidia Geforce 6600GT 256MB Pci Express Graphics with DVI

Firewire Card

Hauppauge TV Card

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Optical Wireless Mouse

Xerox DVi Glass Flat Panel LCD TFT Screen 19" 0.8ms refresh

Genius Speakers

And it all came in for just over £600 (minus the few little bits i already had) :thumbsup: Mwahahahah!

very nice kit mate :) haven't used amd but their new 64 chips are awesome.

and wow over 400 gb of hd space :eek: lol what the hell do you download :wacko: actually..... dont answer that :P

graphics card sounds brilliant too, I havent tried the new pci express stuff but gets good results so can't be bad. thats gonna be one nice computer :D

Cheers man, its gonna be my new movie editing machine.

At the mo i have a 2ghz Pentium 4 with 512mb of ram which does the job but with the special effects and the sheer amount of video i have now (over 200gb) its struggling.

sounds great mate, that will do the job perfect :D the 2gb ddr will really help out :)

is it put together yet?

yep all together, just need to connect up the front panel wires and refit the heatsink.

Gonna have some fun tonight getting her up and running.

I'll celebrate by finishing off the southern meet video and posting it on TOC :thumbsup:

yep all together, just need to connect up the front panel wires and refit the heatsink.

Gonna have some fun tonight getting her up and running.

I'll celebrate by finishing off the southern meet video and posting it on TOC  :thumbsup:

I'll look forward to that, I'll put up my pics in the same thread when you do it.

sounds great leeky,

I look forward to seeing that video :) still annoyed I missed that meet :(

Thats cool dude, im sure you'll be alone for many meets to come :thumbsup:

Maybe this month we MAY ACTUALLY HAVE a Reading meet :lol:

Still dont think i'll have my lotus back in time for it though :crybaby:

sounds great mate, that will do the job perfect :D the 2gb ddr will really help out :)

is it put together yet?

I'm betting the RAM won't last long! I built a very similar spec machine recently for my main work machine. I do a very small amount of video editing and the thing just eats up the RAM!

I originally started with 1GB of DDR but it wasn't enough the system was getting bogged down with photoshop,fireworks and dreamweaver open. I added another GB and it's just enough. Once I get the video stuff going it's all gets used up.

The strange thing is that my last PC was an Athlon XP1800+ with 512MB RAM and I was running the same stuff (albeit slower) but it didn't seem to use as much RAM. Seems to use more as the CPU is quicker???

i've already thought about upping it to 4gb at the same time as changing up to the 4000+ cpu.

I'll see how i get on :)

Just out of curiosity sotal, what do you use for your video editing?

Thats a good price for that spec too!!!

My 19" TFT cost £400 alone :o (posh Sony one lol)

The baracude drives are cool, quiet and fast!!!!

Building ya own PC is easy :D both of my PCs were built by me :D its just like a big electronic jigsaw puzzle really :)

I love getting new techy toys... :) alway good fun to play with/install :D

i've already thought about upping it to 4gb at the same time as changing up to the 4000+ cpu.

I'll see how i get on  :)

You gone dual channel with your memory? Something to consider if you're already thinking of upping it to 4GB... but too late if you've already bought your 2GB (depends how you've got it split...)

Boys and their toys.... Rich is the same, I know how you feel Charis....

He gets something new... I say "Oooh whats that" and I get the technical schpeel.... I just want to know in lamans terms what it does and if it benefits me somewhat!  :lol:

PMSL! :lol: Im exactly the same!

Rob: hey yeah ive got this new .....(insert technical words here)

Tegan: :wacko: (pretends to be interested :!Removed!: :P )

:lol:

at the time of writing though no operating system is capabale of allocating more than 2gb of memory to any application at any time

so adding any more in there is gonna cost more money and just sound impressive, your not physically going to gain anything

at the time of writing though no operating system is capabale of allocating more than 2gb of memory to any application at any time

so adding any more in there is gonna cost more money and just sound impressive, your not physically going to gain anything

Unless he's running Server 2003 standard (4GB) or Enterprise/Advanced (6GB)... which I doubt...

Impressive spec though Leeky.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links