Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Pc Components In Today!

Leeky

:D

Im gonna pop down the shop after work to get all my new gear and rush home to wack it all together :D

I forgot how much i enjoyed building myself new machines :D

Maybe a bit of Doom3 to celebrate and test it ;)

Doom3, big screen, lights off, decent Speakers with a sub....

Cack myself every time <_<

I won't expect you round tonight then...

I'll be around as usual, just as i said last night ;)

When you building one for me Leeky? I'll send the cash and you can get all the bits and you can build it and then send it up! ;)

How come he's the geeky transformer lovin, light sabre owning PC building freek ..

And the rest of us were single (there are *things* afoot in my life atm ;))

:lol:

Sounds interesting Ben ;)

Not really .. will explain when I catchup with ya next.

Nothing serious, spend a bit of time together and just see where 'we' wnd up.

dude im worried bout u, goin on about starwars and how much fun pcs are, we need to get u in a car asap

I know man :( I've been without a car for exactly 1month and 10days now :crybaby:

Hopefully i'll have bought my next car soon or else i'll be keeping my fingers crossed that i get the Lotus back before christmas.

When you building one for me Leeky? I'll send the cash and you can get all the bits and you can build it and then send it up! ;)

Problem is dude i wont be able to give you any warranty on any of the parts, i dont feel too confident about sending a PC via courier as they are delicate and on top of that i've run a computer business of my own before and you need to make at least a batch of machines in order for it to be worth your while. Sorry dude :(

By all means you can still call the place i am getting my parts from and they can post it all to you :) Just means you have to put it all together :thumbsup:

Ok, just wondered... I know what you're like when you've got a new toy ;)

I will deal with you later <_< :P

How come he's the geeky transformer lovin, light sabre owning PC building freek ..

Hey someone's got to be :lol::thumbsup:

Doom3, big screen, lights off, decent speakers with a sub....

Thing is, I've had a pc doing all my media stuff, Freeview, DVD, Gamecube, radio etc. for a while but a month ago I also went for a widescreen projector (£480) and a set of reasonable Speakers with a sub (£50).

It's really impressive! Ok, we don't have Doom on the GameCube, but Metroid Prime Echoes or Resident Evil make pretty spooky substitutes :thumbsup:

Until recently I wouldn't have given projectors the time of day, just not worth the money, but the recent ones are definitely worth a look if you are into DVDs or gaming in a big way. My flat is tiny, but can still get a 2-metre picture out of a box about as big as two car stereos!

Paul.

Gamecube is excellent isnt it :D

Im a big Resi-evil fan so had to have the gamecube.

Had mine running off a digital projector onto my bedroom wall at one point - think when we measured it it came out at around 80" of picture :lol: Not much good for Resi-evil in my opinion but for GT4 its something else ;)

Paul have you got the new Resident Evil yet??? Its look spretty cool!!!!

Its true though a deccent setup makes it a lot more "involving".. I only have a 32" CRT telly for my PS2/DVDs etc, but its linked up to a decent hi-fi...

The company projectory "kinda ended up" at my house for a week or so once... I totally agree, ina dark room they are fantastic!!! the one I had sounded like a dyson though :(

What are the specs mate?

I'm building a Mini-ITX media center at the moment with Sat TV...

Via ME6000 motherboard

256MB ram

120GB Barracuda drive

Hauppauge Nova DVB-T card

Random slim-line IDE dvd drive

Benq PE5120 widescreen projector (on s-video)

Altec Lansing 2.1 Speakers

GameCube (to projector composite in, but still good)

I'm running Fedora Core 1 because VIA provided pre-compiled drivers when I installed it, no source code. (But see viaarena.com for newer releases.) The video drivers take advantage of the built-in mpeg2 decoder on the motherboard, so no need to buy a digital video card with a decoder, just get a cheapie. The 600MHz board will play dvds full resolution (approx. 1040 pixels wide) at full framerate on 50% cpu or less. Digital TV is even lower cpu usage.

The case is a fairly simple effort from linitx.com but I can't remember the exact manufacturer. Fits the board, dvd drive, 3.5in hard drive and one pci card.

Because the cpu is fanless, you can take the lid off the case and unplug the case fans so it is completely quiet. I leave mine running 24/7 and haven't had any thermal problems. The Barracuda drives are really quiet, so it is practically noiseless.

I have the projector hooked up by s-video, because then the board outputs PAL 50Hz frames. If you plug it up to the svga out you get a juddering 60Hz, which is what I'm running my flat panel at.

VIA provides a utility called s3utility which you can use to switch on the s-video output under linux and also you can make the picture look great because it has brightness/gamma controls in hardware.

You can get freeview tv listings on the net, not sure about Sky. Digital movies are the best content by a mile, though, pretty much up to DVD standard. Can fit quite a few on 120GB, plus the mandatory Blackadder episodes :thumbsup:

Paul.

Paul have you got the new Resident Evil yet??? Its look spretty cool!!!!

Haven't seen it, must check that. I've been a bit busy recently and haven't had much time, plus MP Echoes is long and it's taking a while! :D

The company projectory "kinda ended up" at my house for a  week or so once... I totally agree, ina  dark room they are fantastic!!! the one I had sounded like a  dyson though :(

Yeah, you do get fan noise. I think mine was rated at 28db, which is quite acceptable if you have good Speakers :D :D

I find it's perfectly bright enough in economy mode, so save the life of the bulb and quietens it a bit.

Paul.

anyone seen that new ATI twin lead :D 1gig of twin CPU graphics power! me finks so!

ill need a 3 phase to run my PC one day :lol:

soon to go into complete geek status in the near future with a full on Thermaltake watercooled PC tower

flogging all my TV and audio equipment as its redundant and the PC will become my media center :D with one of Dells 32inch screens :wacko: :P :D

sweet sounds good leeky, so whats the specs in your new machine mate?

oh and water cooling is definatly awesome to go for :thumbsup: i love it... lovely and silent and these intel prescott chips running stupidly hot so its great to cool them down :D

Problem is dude i wont be able to give you any warranty on any of the parts, i dont feel too confident about sending a PC via courier as they are delicate and on top of that i've run a computer business of my own before and you need to make at least a batch of machines in order for it to be worth your while. Sorry dude :(

By all means you can still call the place i am getting my parts from and they can post it all to you :) Just means you have to put it all together :thumbsup:

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I dunno Leeky, I only do Networking and Computer Support at uni! :P

Cheers anyway mate, I really just needed someone to tell me what I need to make myself a real good PC (the PC I'm on just now is havin trouble with interneting, some music and msn :rolleyes: )! :thumbsup:

Its really quite easy... anyone with half a brain can do it.....

I just bought all the stuff... its pretty hard to put it together wrong!!!!

All the new stuff is pretty much totally plug and play.. and Windows does the rest!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links