Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Could Only Happen To A Vet?

Mik_D

Strangest days

The Suppy hasn't stalled today and I have checked most of the pipe work for leaks etc. As far as I know the alternator is fine as the car runs!

After having two bits of probable scrap outside on the drive this may turn into 3. My missus told me that her friend's sister has a 10 year old Supra that she wants shut of and wants someone to just take it away.

Seems as though one of the camshafts has broken or somesuch. With the car being just 10 years (1995) model it must be a MkIV. I told the missus to tell her that I would take it off her hands as I may use it for parts or rebuild.

The car is in good order otherwise (two owners, black, UK car don't know if its turbo or not at this stage, last lady owner 5 years, FTSH). She wants a pound for it. YES just £1. I will have to pay someone £80 to tow it to my house and then push it up on the drive.

Does anyone think the project is worth it? How much am I looking at to get it on the road. I have applied for a car loan to buy another car so is it worth spending the money on the mkIV.

Head gasket kit, second hand cylinder head, grazed knuckles in the winter. Or should I just scrap it out and use the money to get something else?

Regards

Michael

I doubt its a Mkiv... as that sounds like an uncommon problem!!!

you may have a breaker.... they are worth a fair bot as parts...... ;)

I doubt its a Mkiv... as that sounds like an uncommon problem!!!

you may have a breaker.... they are worth a fair bot as parts......  ;)

It is probably the case that the timing belt has snapped and bent some valves. Receiving information through 3rd party sources is anything but accurate as we well know.

Is it possible to get second hand cylinder heads? I have just been surfing and doesn't look promising.

Maybe I can use the seats for my mk 111 as the leather is well worn or put a different engine in the mk 1V (such as a toyota Celica 2 litre)

Michael

I may have a spare head for ya fella....

if not....

http://www.forum.mkiiisupra.net/showthread.php?t=8856

;)

Ta matey

I will hear about what the car actually is tonight. The only definate info obtained so far is that it is black and knackered.

Thanks for that other website link it is a boon. Also some chap has come up with a simple relay solution to the starter, if you recall is the solution I was going on about so I will try it out and see if it works. Also I am in the process of printing out the Toyota workshop manual for the mk 111. All thanks to the link you sent me.

Regards

Michael

I may have a spare head for ya fella....

if not....

http://www.forum.mkiiisupra.net/showthread.php?t=8856

;)

Ta matey

I will hear about what the car actually is tonight. The only definate info obtained so far is that it is black and knackered.

Thanks for that other website link it is a boon. Also some chap has come up with a simple relay solution to the starter, if you recall is the solution I was going on about so I will try it out and see if it works. Also I am in the process of printing out the Toyota workshop manual for the mk 111. All thanks to the link you sent me.

Regards

Michael

mkivengines are non interferance, so hopefully there shouldnt be too much damage done.

id but it just for parts..........i know someone looking for a rad and side mounted intercooler.

p.s. all uk cars are twin turbo if there mkiv's

baz

Also some chap has come up with a simple relay solution to the starter, if you recall is the solution I was going on about so I will try it out and see if it works.

I told you how to do that months ago, as I did it on my car last spring!! (I was the guy that tried it out and said it worked :lol: )

Also some chap has come up with a simple relay solution to the starter, if you recall is the solution I was going on about so I will try it out and see if it works.

I told you how to do that months ago, as I did it on my car last spring!! (I was the guy that tried it out and said it worked :lol: )

(don't take this the wrong way but....)

You must have told someone else because this is the first I've heard of it. If I'd have known earlier I would have already done it.

Thanks anyway for the solution No One shall steal your thunder. I shall go away now and convince myself that I haven't gone mad.

Much regards

Michael

Maybe it was one of my phantom disapearing posts.... I tend to find lots of them simply vanish.... I sure I have posted ita couple of times on this forum!

Its someting I had issues with earlier this year like I said.. I replace the starter twice, rebuild eahc of those units at least once... turned out it wasa the crappy imobiliser relay acting like a resistor and not leaving the solenoid enough power to do its thing....

if you end up breaking it' can i have the front leather seats if it has them, please let me know what colour as may even want the whole set. been dying for front leather seats for donkeys

thanks

:eek:

if you end up breaking it' can i have the front leather seats if it has them, please let me know what colour as may even want the whole set. been dying for front leather seats for donkeys

thanks

:eek:

I will only know what car it is by tonight and the condition. It may be a celica supra- 7mGE-7mGTE or a SZ or JZ. You have to remember that the info came through my missus who describes cars by their colour and nothing else.

About the relay fix. I went to M&B auto electrics who used to live next door but have gone to smaller crappier place in the middle of an old village. Told the hairy muppet what I wanted and what it was for. He said I needed a four pin relay and he had one but couldn't sell it to me as the boss is away and doesn't know the price. Then he told me it would'nt last as a cure and I'd have to renew the starter brushes etc. I was verciforous in my response but the muppet (he looked like Animal - the muppet drummer) was unmoved by my comic stylings of a technical wizard- which of course I am. I have many pieces of paper saying so. It must be true.

I am going to pick the missus up and give her so earache over this "black car"

Regards

Michael

you can temporarily bodge it withouta relay... it will mean popping your bonnet to start you car every time... but it'll diagnose the problem!!!!

chances are your starter does not need rebuilding... mine never did!

Maybe I can use the seats for my mk 111 as the leather is well worn or put a different engine in the mk 1V (such as a toyota Celica 2 litre)

Michael

WTF !

Michael

WTF !

Why not? :) I was set on doing it. 3SGTE Supra mk4 would be the daddies! :lol:

Yeah, but you were going to do it to one of them NA sorts, not a rare UK spec where there's probably less than 400 left !

As for MKIV seats in a MKIII, i mean why downgrade the MKIII seats :confused:

Yeah, but you were going to do it to one of them NA sorts, not a rare UK spec where there's probably less than 400 left !

:lol: Fair play, cutting up a uk spec car is sacrilege ;)

As for MKIV seats in a MKIII, i mean why downgrade the MKIII seats :confused:

Here here!!!!!

I love my seats.... I hate the fact that they weigh 25 kg each :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links