Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Estima Enima

Flying Surf1

A friend of mine recently was given a 1992 Toyota Estima Emina, which is running quite nicely.

We are puzzled as to why there is an oil container in the front compartment that appears to be for topping up the engine oil, however we have obtained the engine repaire manual and the owners handbook and none of these refer to this oil container.

Does anyone know what this oil is used for?

Cheers from Ralph

A friend of mine recently was given a 1992 Toyota Estima Emina, which is running quite nicely.

We are puzzled as to why there is an oil container in the front compartment that appears to be for topping up the engine oil, however we have obtained the engine repaire manual and the owners handbook and none of these refer to this oil container.

Does anyone know what this oil is used for?

Cheers from Ralph

As far as I know it is exactly what you thought it was, a topping up reservoir, but a sort of automatic top up device. Apparently when the engine is needing a bit it siphons what it needs from the extra reservoir, so you need to make sure its level is maintained all the time. Guess its also a good way to tell if you have any engine issues if the level keeps falling!

Yep what he said ^^^

I had one of these and it is exactly as Glanma said. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info guys.

It just seems like an unusual way of maintaining the oil level.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links