Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rusty Gti Sunroof

fouraygeeee

Hello ppl,

Well, it`s time to get rid of the leaky old roof and I was just wondering if anyone here knows what I should pay. Also sealing strips etc. Have to be genuine Toyota I suppose. Has anyone done it? Easy/hard DIY job?

Would one fit from another Toyota model?

Cheers

Andy

Hello ppl,

Well, it`s time to get rid of the leaky old roof and I was just wondering if anyone here knows what I should pay. Also sealing strips etc. Have to be genuine Toyota I suppose. Has anyone done it? Easy/hard DIY job?

Would one fit from another Toyota model?

Cheers

Andy

AN AE92 sunroof panel from Toyota with all seals is over £250+vat

Apparently the seals are a b@stard to fit as well

Nah its not so bad,although the reason y the ae92 panel rusts is because of the seal.It has a steel bracket attacted to it and its this that rusts and causes everything else to rust near it.When i had the panel out you could see how the contamination can traveled from the brace,up the side and onto the edge of the sunroof panel.. i could pull the bracket through the bolts that were holding it down.

I bought a 2nd hand one for £15 off Mr Jon Barnes from e-bay(£200 cost from work) and just bought a new seal and treated the steel brace on it.. Fink the seal was £58 cost from work(retail £80inc).

bob

Thanks for the info. I can feel a bodge job coming on judging by the costs you guys have quoted. £250!! Shame really. And I don`t think I`ve ever seen one without the corners rotted out so secondhand is risky too. :crybaby:

Cheers

Andy

when i removed my one i used some fiberglass and filler looked just like new and

didnt have to spend the 250 that the robbing :censor: want (oh iam the robbing :censor: )

when i removed my one i used some fiberglass and filler looked just like new and

didnt have to spend the 250 that the robbing  :censor:  want (oh iam the robbing :censor: )

Aint it just !! mine werent in such a state i had to start filling anything but who in there right mind is gonna pay £250+ for something like that.I feel ashamed to tell customers fings like that.. Best off looking on E-Bay Sir.. Have a nice day !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links