Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator

Mik_D

I need a replacement alternator for my mk 111 turbo automatic. I changed the brushes on current one an d bought a new Battery but alas this morning on the way in the Battery light came on and the usual happened. Dead Battery.

I phoned Toyota and they are looking for £200 + vat + old one for a reconditioned. Currently I cannot afford this. Anyone have any suggestions? By the way the bloke here at motor vehicle says my stalling problem is due to a speed sensor failure. I have read the code and it is speed sensor #1. This is the speedo cable drive pick up in the combination meter. Yes my busted speedo cable is causing the stalling as the car is getting mixed messages on speed and is going to fail safe- switching off the motor! Who'd have thought it? I am supposed to be bringing it in this Friday to get the new cable fitted and a full diagnostic doing. However with a screwed alternator, I'm going nowhere fast.

Regards

Michael

Non turo oens ARE the same....

I think I have a spare I'll check for you.....

Yes

They are the same as Karma says. How much am I looking at and how do I get them from your good selves.

Having said that I have just spent my last £60 on an angle grinder as the roof is leaking in the extended kitchen (its a long story)

Kindest regards

Michael

ps Neighbour kindly took self and fully charged Battery to defunct Supra. Put Battery on - supra started- red Battery light permanently on- drove it hoem the two miles - stalled once- started and stalled again- started and continues- lights were on as was A/C and rear screen defogger. Seems the battery has enough oomph to run it a few miles. Why battery light on with fully charged unit in?

I'll have a prowl in the garage tomorrow and see if I can dig one out. I'm pretty sure I should have 2 here somewhere, so that doubles my chances of finding one... :P

Why is it that us Mkiii drivers seem to acumulate so many spares?

Howdy

I have managed to order one from a scrapper whci should arrive on Monday. There is no garuntee with it as such and they charged me £50 (inc vat and delivery) which the missus begrudgingly paid for as I'm officially skint. It may not be any use as the current one does not give any charging current at all. The Battery light is permanently on as is the rear light failuer indicator. All the rear lights actually work so I don't know why it is on (any ideas?). I have the speedo cable to go on but God knows how to fit it. I cant find it in the Toyota manual.

Keep searching as this alternator I get could well be knackered.

regards

Michael

Rear lamop failure is an easy one....

behind the rear drivers tail lamp there isa small (usually blue) box of tricks, about the size ofa chunky match box... this si the lights diagnostic box, and usually fails when sujected to moisute (leaky tail lights or boot).. replace it and all is good!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links