Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Death Penalty

Tegan

question is why did the familys of the four victims have to wait 24 years

why didnt they nail him back then, then he wouldnt have the chance to become a 'peace... person' or whatever

idiots

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matthew_McNally

• Fidgits

• Bibbs

• Tegan

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to quote your 'cutsey' post, but you cant multi quote over multi pages... so just to refresh Matthew, you were the one that said you cannot justify crime by putting a 'cutsey' front on it ;)

you should be able to :blink:

anyway - you started the with the "think of the children stuff" :P :D

No, i dont think the law should be changed, because as i said, if we say it is illegal to intentionally take someones life, then were cannot justify the legal system doing this.

as I said earlier though mate - this is a thread about CHANGING that law

Abosultley, if you could prove to me, that the UK having the death penalty will stop all murders and rapes, i'd be outside number 10 tomorrow with a placard! But we both know that wont happen, it might not even have an effect.

I've never claimed that.

Now, jumping back to your example, as you said previously, we have proper judgement etc - so working on this basis, how can you say, having the death penalty would change anything? Judges would dole it out only in the worst cases, as a last resort, to criminals, that, lets face it, probably wont see the light of day again.

The judge may not give a rapist the death penalty, and he may serve 15 years, and be released and go out and rape again anyway, and sure, the second time around, he might be given the death penalty or just end up behind bars until the day he dies.

Two women will still have been raped, what difference would the death penalty make to their lives? they will have still been raped, and the man responsible will die without ever being free, does it matter whether its 10 weeks or 10 years?

how about we would not be wasting our money keeping these people warm and fed? This is money that could be much better used in all sorts of areas (schools, hospitals, pensions etc).

Think we'll just to accept that we have differing opinions, and that we're not going to change each others mind :D

/extends hand :D

I was going to quote your 'cutsey' post, but you cant multi quote over multi pages... so just to refresh Matthew, you were the one that said you cannot justify crime by putting a 'cutsey' front on it ;)

you should be able to :blink:

anyway - you started the with the "think of the children stuff" :P :D

Fair enough :rolleyes:

No, i dont think the law should be changed, because as i said, if we say it is illegal to intentionally take someones life, then were cannot justify the legal system doing this.

as I said earlier though mate - this is a thread about CHANGING that law

to what? make it legal to intentionally take someones life? :unsure:

Abosultley, if you could prove to me, that the UK having the death penalty will stop all murders and rapes, i'd be outside number 10 tomorrow with a placard! But we both know that wont happen, it might not even have an effect.

I've never claimed that.

I know, it was in response to your, if you could kill one criminal and save 3 lives question...

Now, jumping back to your example, as you said previously, we have proper judgement etc - so working on this basis, how can you say, having the death penalty would change anything? Judges would dole it out only in the worst cases, as a last resort, to criminals, that, lets face it, probably wont see the light of day again.

The judge may not give a rapist the death penalty, and he may serve 15 years, and be released and go out and rape again anyway, and sure, the second time around, he might be given the death penalty or just end up behind bars until the day he dies.

Two women will still have been raped, what difference would the death penalty make to their lives? they will have still been raped, and the man responsible will die without ever being free, does it matter whether its 10 weeks or 10 years?

how about we would not be wasting our money keeping these people warm and fed? This is money that could be much better used in all sorts of areas (schools, hospitals, pensions etc).

hey, im all for turning prisions into boot camps and making their lives hell, as i posted early, im all for handing out nooses at the prison gates if they want to do it themselves, im just not for our legal system ending someones life.

Think we'll just to accept that we have differing opinions, and that we're not going to change each others mind  :D

/extends hand  :D

I do think this is one of these issues where if you have a stong opinon in either way, your unlikely to be swayed...

/shakes hand ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links