Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit

vmail

I will be buying an induction for the 2NZ-FE in about 2000 miles time.

I'm not sure what to get so I am asking for your help

The important things are that it is easy to fit and gives the loudest roar.

I'm not bothered about how good the filtration is or how much extra BHP I will get

I've left my tools in Florida so I will need to get a new tool kit soon, what tools will I need to fit the induction kit

Havnt heard one but the envy one is high flowing so i imagine it will make a tasty roar!

I think you only need a socket set and a couple of screwdrivers to fit it, not much!

CB :thumbsup:

If its anything like the Typhoon one on which its based itll be a similar sucking noise to the apexi.

Id go for the envy one as it gives the best feed, is a dry filter and looks bling

Theres still people here then!There hasnt been a post in here for over 3 hours!I defected to the starlet forums!

Has anyone got the envy one yet?

If its anything like the Typhoon one on which its based itll be a similar sucking noise to the apexi.

Id go for the envy one as it gives the best feed, is a dry filter and looks bling

To date, the most memorable sound from a car, bar none, was from the clapped out Mustang driven by Steve McQueen in the film "Bullet". Do you remember the car chasing scene up and down a steep urban landscape, in and out of side streets, going after the baddies? The noise was like a rapid burbling, gurgling sound from a boiling kettle. It had the right pitch and the right distinct staccato effect. Very impressive, very menacing, and full of adrenaline!

Now, back to topic....I came across this K. & N. kit. It looks very smart, and is noisy.

"It sure was loud though - great if you want induction noise. So it is mostly a dress up item only, with some extra noise to get noticed." But that noise is the desirable feature; that is precisely what is so alluring!!

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott/dynoday/dyno2.html

--

Bee.

This is the typhoon kit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-Typhoon-System-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

There the replacement panel filter from k&n aswell!

The envy one can be found in there forum!Thre are others such as hks and blitz too!

I've got the panel filter for 28 quid but is the Typhoon only for the 1NZ-FE?

looking at that other link the K&N does not seem to be too healthy for the car

The Typhoon kit for the T-Sport is nothing like the one on the link Bee put up. It's located behind the front bumper. I have on and it's awesome. I've put pictures up on other posts if you search.

isnt the Tsport and The 1.3 top the same as its only the bottom of the engine thats different meaning an induction kit for the tsport will fit the 1.3? Correct?

Probably the simplest to fit, one of the cheapest and gives a good induction noise is the K&N 57i it also filters very well..... Which should concern you unless you want your engine to die prematurely. Apparently it fits all 1.3 yarii :thumbsup:

69-8606TP.jpg

Built for performance and show, the Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Typhoon intakes come in one of three designs; cold air intakes (CA), short ram intakes (SR), or complete cold air (CCA) intakes which can be configured as either a cold air intake or a short ram intake. Some Typhoon's have high quality finish options including polished aluminum (part ends with TP), powder coated blue (part ends in TB), powder coated red (part ends in TR), and powder coated silver (ends in TS) among others. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction allowing more air flow to your engine. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range.

69-8606TP Product Specifications

Product Style: 69 Series Typhoon Kits

Estimated Horsepower Gain: 4.36 HP @ 4923 RPM

Color: Polished

Replacement Filter: RU-4950

System Type: Cold-air intake system

CARB EO Number: D-269-30

CARB Exempt: Yes

Weight: 6 lb (2.7 kg)

Product Box Length: 19.3 in (490 mm)

Product Box Width: 14.5 in (368 mm)

Product Box Height: 8.4 in (213 mm)

Where can I get the 69-8606TB from? google returns no UK sites

first site does not have it in stock, the second site requires me to be a dealer

Go back to the second site. K&Ns website and click on find a dealer in the left hand menu. Type in your postcode and go from there. :thumbsup:

Is it really worth it on a 1.3 just for the noise factor. Suppose they will even fit the 1.0? Just wondering!

Yes! :) For individuality and character. :)

--

Bee.

I see. just like me getting my roof spoiler, I guess. I ned to get more wuith this aesthetic stuff. ( he says after just putting some Tsport wheels on my T2). In the past I have only been concerned with peformance gain and handling. Not much point with that on my T2, well except the handling maybe.

Is it really worth it on a 1.3 just for the noise factor. Suppose they will even fit the 1.0? Just wondering!

Yes! :) For individuality and character. :)

--

Bee.

:lol::lol::lol:

if all you want is the noise, record the car of your choice and play it on the CD player.

here's a hint - record a turbo car - not only will it sound loud, but it will give that all import blow off valve sound too :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links