Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Hatch Light -where's The Switch?

Nosh

Anyone know where the switch is on the Yaris hatch that switches the bootspace light on/off? Had a look but I can't see it and don't have a Haynes manual. I want to be able to override it so it stays on when I shut the hatch for when I transport the hound tia

Boot light... Whats that???? This phrase does not compute with phase 1 owners!!! :lol:

You know, i might be wrong but doesnt it operate off a contact on the base of the hatch, where it comes into contact with the lip around the boot?

You know, i might be wrong but doesnt it operate off a contact on the base of the hatch, where it comes into contact with the lip around the boot?

Aye, should do! I presume it'll work the same way the doors do to bring on the interior light? :thumbsup:

Well i know some work off the contact block which powers the rear light cluster if they are integrated with the boot lid itself but that isn't the case with the yaris! I'd have a look around and see if you can see a small plastic nodule, give it a push and see!!! Otherwise, someone will be around shortly who knows, i can feel it in my bones! B)

Had a look for nodules and microswitches, but can't find any of dem. So wot do you call the space in the back of a hatch? ok, maybee not the boot like I did LoL

the switch is the catch itself on the back door, if you open the boot and push the catch sideways a little the light will turn on and off. (watch you fingers)

There is no little black button like there is on the front and rear doors.

to do what you want you will need to pull the plastic light cover off in the back and fiddle with the wires and put your own switch in.

Had a look for nodules and microswitches, but can't find any of dem. So wot do you call the space in the back of a hatch? ok, maybee not the boot like I did LoL

What he means is Phase 1 owners dont have boot light so they pretend to not know what it is. I do call it the boot tho. Sorry I cant help on the light question but just thought I'd clear that up :yes:

Cheers T!!

Yeah i call it a boot, but like Blue said there is no actual light on the Phase 1 Yaris, not even on the higher spec'd ones!

Anyway it seems fisty answered your question! :D

• 14 years later...

I've inadvertantly left a piece of cloth or tarpaulin hanging over the boot catch when closing it. The Battery was drained flat because boot light stayed on and you can't see it is on when luggage in their and luggage cover in position . I have had a flat Battery more than once and want to have the light bulb removed - is it safe to do just take it out? Otherwise the answer to first person's question on how to leave luggage light on is to place a thin piece of cloth or plastic over the catch before closing the boot (making sure it is closed securely). I guess the light switch is turned off when spring in hatch door catch is pressed and the cloth/plastic stops that happening. I would like to do the opposite - keep the light off when the boot is left open.

• 1 year later...

Well I’ve got same problem, thing is my light doesn’t work at all, I checked the bulb and it’s fine so looked everywhere for a switch or somat that will operate the light but nothing , I cannot get the boot light to work at all, so damn annoying 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links