Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Locking Alarm Fob Roof Bars

dobydogs

Hi I am new to the forum :wub: but I am a long time 5 door Rav owner. I had my first Rav new on a P plate. It was a brilliant car, we did 106k together, one service a year, and it never gave me so much as a hic-up. :D I finally traded it in last month simply because I wanted ABS and air conditioning. I now have a late 98 S plate model with the upgrades and it is proving to be as good as it's predesesor. I have one problem, the key fob of my old car allowed me to switch between two styles of locking/alarm. Either it gave three bleeps and would fully lock, and sound the alarm if a window was undone or the dogs were in the car. Or, I could switch it to two bleeps which allowed me to lock and imobalise the car but leave the dogs in and a window. roof open. The new car has a differently designed fob (no little switches on the side) and I can see no way of setting it so that I can leave the dogs inside. Anyone any suggestions, or will I have to key lock it when I have the dogs with me :o

Also anyone know if I can get the sleek length ways roof bars to fit this model :eek: Love the forum, it will be a great help.

I think, if memory serves correctly - which it frequently doesn't these day (must be getting old!), if you lock and unlock it three times within 5 seconds it's sets the alarm with out the interior sensors arming.

Almost forgot, welcome to the forum :D

Hiya! You got the same one as me pretty much then!

I think your first Rav may have had an aftermarket alarm, because the standard fit units don't really beep at all unless it goes into an alarm situation. Now, if my memory serves me correctly (I too have the same problem) I thought you had to press the lock button, then press the lock button again to disable the interior protection on the alarm.

And yes, i'd like some of those nice roof bars. But they only seem to be on the mk2 Rav4.

And welcome to TOC!

:yes: Yippee, it worked, I actually pressed the lock button three times really quickly and left the dogs inside and not a squeak! Going to try it tomorrow with a window slightly open, and will report back. Thanks for the advice :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links