Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Change Gear Knob

AygoFromFinland

Greetings from the Land of polar bears! :D

I got my lovely Aygo yesterday and I was just wondering how to change the gear knob because this original knob looks so horrible! :P

So if someone could help me, I'd be very delighted.

Cheers,

Tuomas

I got my lovely Aygo yesterday and I was just wondering how to change the gear knob because this original knob looks so horrible! :P

Cheers,

Tuomas

it just unscrews, i believe some1 here got a yaris or corolla leather knob for £17, i know what u mean it is crap, im thinking of getting a aluminim one from peoguet aint cheap £42 but looks good

Cheers,

Tuomas

it just unscrews, i believe some1 here got a yaris or corolla leather knob for £17, i know what u mean it is crap, im thinking of getting a aluminim one from peoguet aint cheap £42 but looks good

Thanks for your answer! I'll take it off and buy a new one today :) aluminium knob would look great but you know it's -25C here in Finland in the winter time so it's very uncomfortable to hold that freezing knob :)

It was me who changed my gear knob. I got the Corolla leather / chrome one from Mr T - £17. Simply unscews anti clockwise to remove. I also super glued the gaitor to the underside of the new knob as I didn't like the shaft of the gear stick showing.

Happy to post a pic up of the new one in place if you want.

Happy to post a pic up of the new one in place if you want.

yes please :thumbsup:

and pictures of your whole car too

Hm... You know - I'm reading this board and I can see, that life in the UK is quite expensive...

If You have any idea on how to make an honest and safe deal between the UK and Poland then let me know.

I can buy a primed spoiler for less than Ł25, a gear knob for about Ł8 and many, many more...

Just tell me what You need and figure out the way we make a deal, and I am ready to make some "export" :D

OR for example an original Corolla TS gear knob for Ł25... Sounds good, doesn't it?

Just e-mail me: incubi@poczta.fm, so I can send You some pics, or whatever you need...

• 3 weeks later...

Darth Toyota - You say you got your Corolla leather gear knob from Mr T - where is that please?

Also looking at the photos you posted, are they of the same gear knob as it looks black from the left hand side and grey from the right hand side or is that just a trick of the light?

Thanks in advance.

Darth Toyota - You say you got your Corolla leather gear knob from Mr T - where is that please?

Also looking at the photos you posted, are they of the same gear knob as it looks black from the left hand side and grey from the right hand side or is that just a trick of the light?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate - welcome to the forum.

Mr T is just a term we use to mean a Toyota dealer. Your local Toyota dealer is your 'Mr T'. When I got mine they were half price at £17 - might be back to £34 now.

It is the same knob in both pictures - it's just the light. It actually looks most like the bottom pic i.e. more grey than black.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links