Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Standard Mr2 Active Speaker System

jaxx

right im doing my ICE properly in the car and that involves completely removing the old Active system that came with the car which is a complete palava!

first things the bloke who had it before me had an aftermarket headunit fitted and then the Speakers and sb boxes rewired to the headunit direct, as the toyota amps are something like 17watts while 99% of aftermarket HUs are around 45watts! So Halfrauds were given the job of fitting it and the retardophile muppet who got the job has made a right hash job, using a combination of bell wire, that poxy speaker wire you get with the speaker sets, some other speaker wire and the standard loom

thats all gone in the bin!.....

with the fancy system it has all the Digital Processor and Amp boxes which are neither use nor ornament when the new system goes in so they are on the out, but i cant believe the shear amount of crap im strimming out!

so far ive found 3 amps and a DSP box

interior006.jpg

and this entire loom along the fire wall, bar 2 wires which are for the door switch, is ALL for the standard system!

interior005.jpg

taking bladdy ages i tell theeeeeeee! :!Removed!:

bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, heh heh heh.

Good stuff man, you heard what a prober system *can* sound like .. just make sure you get a telly and xbox in there ;)

In defence of Toyota the premium active system with 2 subs is not a bad setup compared to the absolute crap you get in some cars. Keep in mind that you should be comparing like for like with other 10 to 15 year old cars.

Bob

bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, bin it, heh heh heh.

Good stuff man, you heard what a prober system *can* sound like .. just make sure you get a telly and xbox in there ;)

hell yeah! im actually binning my CVA1004 though! maybe(?) going for the Sony MEXR1, looks like a normal head but has DVD capabiltiy, i know sonys a bit pap but it also controls my HD5 :P . But i may change my mind soon as Alpine are releasing a DVD head. Was really looking at a Nakamich setup :D but ill save those extra pennies for the engine rebuild in future :D

dunno what to use for screens though!

rear Speakers are in the bin as youd dont really need them, so having a good set of comps up front, and having a snazzy custom subby box made and itll be all boosted with an Alpine Amp!

with MR's limited interior you dont need THAT much for a decent sounding system!

Daz - ta mucker ill let you know if i need owt

Poohbear - in retrospect yes for a standard system its superb and 'back-in-t-day' it must have been mind blowing, but ICE has advanced along way these days!

yeah, I have a 10" sub with components up front, looking for a new head unit with motorised head unit I think and I need to rewire the whole lot! looking for Ideas aswell for new headunit and what are the best Speakers to go for in the doors?

cheers guys.

im going for type r alpines in the doors, was gonna go the whole hog and get some Rainbow or Focul Utopias, but by the times the engine is done they wont be heard that well :lol:

got all the loom out now, resorted to wire cutters as most of it dissapears behind the dash, soo ill leave a few bits in as the best way is to pull the entire lot out

and thanks to those retarded monkeys at GAP security, another 'quality' install comprising of snapped brackets, components hanging loose and a pile of black tape and tie wraps. im now remounting and tidying up THEIR shoddy work. idiots.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links