Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs

Tara

Hiya,

I've been offered a set of Yaris lowering springs and was just wondering if T-sports will take the same lowering springs as other Yaris models?

Thanks

Tara :)

yes they will

30mm springs (for example) will lower any yaris 30mm

the T-Sports chassis is an extra 20mm to start with, but springs have the same effect

yes they will

the T-Sports chassis is an extra 20mm to start with, but springs have the same effect

Wouldn't that mean that springs which lower a GS, 30mm, would only lower a T Sport a further 10mm? I confuzzled? :wacko:

yes they will

Wouldn't that mean that springs which lower a GS, 30mm, would only lower a T Sport a further 10mm? I confuzzled? :wacko:

Nope it would be 50mm lower than a standard GS :thumbsup:

Mines are Teins - they lower 35mm at the front and 38mm on the back - they were about a tenner more expensive than the gmax ones.

The big thing I notice over people with the GMAXs is that now with my back seats etc out the car still sits tight to the wheels.

dont try and confuse the t-sports and non-tsports together

the TS out the factory is lower to the ground than its counterparts as the suspension arms and setup are different

putting 30mm springs on a TS, will lower it 30mm

putting 30mm springs on a non TS will ALSO lower it 30mm

the TS will just have its included advantage

The springs i've been offered are Jamex springs?

Please dont buy the jamex springs,i had them on my old car and they were awfull

ride was horrible and they sagged too.

get yourself a set of Eibach they are the best springs you can get :yes:

Tein are ok but i would rather have Eibach .

i gotta say id rather the opposite, had eibachs (TTE) on my yaris and theyre on the MR2 and theyre a bit... well... squidgy, is the best way i can put it

i mistook clarkys yaris for having coilovers with just Tein springs, the ride quality and handling improvement was phenomenal

Teins are a tad more expensive, but if your just after lowering other than hnadling then seek the budget option

agreed clarkys had a much nicer ride compared to my gmax, and as stated, his still sits as it was even with the rear seats out, now i have removed mine the gmax have rised slightly with the less weight in the rear :(

I'd probably go for Teins aswell but my brother has got TTE (re-badged Eibachs) springs which are yet to be fitted and meant to be pretty good! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd probably go for Teins aswell but my brother has got TTE (re-badged Eibachs) springs which are yet to be fitted and meant to be pretty good! :thumbsup:

Hello I am new here, Just wondering where you are getting your springs ? Any recommendations ? eBay ? POTN ? :help:

Thanks,

Hello I am new here, Just wondering where you are getting your springs ? Any recommendations ? Ebay ? POTN ? :help:

Hi there mate, my brother got his springs off egay for about £60 but there hasn't been a set of TTE's on egay for ages! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links