Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Exhaust Install

Roly

Hi all have just received a TTE exhaust and will attempt to install this weekend - any tips, will I need any gaskets etc? Don't suppose anybody has any pictures I could look at? Quite practical with cars but never attempted an exhaust.

Corolla T3 1.6 2002

Cheers

afbeelding0765nq.jpg

unscrew the 2 bolts and get the backbox out of the rubbers , put a drop of oil in the rubbers hang the TTE backbox in the rubbers maybe you need a new Gasket screw the 2 bolts back and you are ready

http://www.zippyvideos.com/9364945731647476/afbeelding_303/

this is the sound on a 1600 without the midsillencer

:drool:

Will have a look tomorrow, spoke to toyota who supplied the exhaust who reckon I should be able to use the existing gasket and seal with fire gum...not sure myself but will see.

Will let you know, cheers

Don,t use the Fire gum you won,t needed ;) :thumbsup:

Hey people, please help... :crybaby:

I got the TTE exhaust fitted today by the dealer, but now, when the car is idle, there is a "flap flap flap flap" sound underneath the middle session of the car, is this normal or have they fitted it wrong?

Also, I like the deep sound, but does that mean the car is now like a truck when i drive on the motorway? I am planning to have a 6 hours trip to glassgow, if it is so loud, would it be annoying ?

My final question is that, does anyone notice a performance drop after fitted the exhaust? I have got a 1.6 and notice a slight power drop.... is this normal?

Kev

I got the TTE exhaust fitted today by the dealer, but now, when the car is idle, there is a "flap flap flap flap" sound underneath the middle session of the car, is this normal or have they fitted it wrong?

Also, I like the deep sound, but does that mean the car is now like a truck when i drive on the motorway? I am planning to have a 6 hours trip to glassgow, if it is so loud, would it be annoying ?

My final question is that, does anyone notice a performance drop after fitted the exhaust? I have got a 1.6 and notice a slight power drop.... is this normal?

Kev

i alsofillted one of these to my tsport, but is now a little wonky to one side . Anyones else had that problem. ?

Its not the brackets, its more the mid to rear section .....

Kev

i alsofillted one of these to my tsport, but is now a little wonky to one side . Anyones else had that problem. ?

Its not the brackets, its more the mid to rear section .....

Yep its normal but i fixed it by putting a gardenhoseclamb around 1 bolt and than tighten it again :thumbsup:

Kev

Hello G6R,

Could you answer my questions? :)

Kevin

Maybe you have to check the connection ( is the gaskit still in between )and thit you thigthen the screws GOOD

The sound is OK its not loud , i drove for a couple of months witout my radio on to enjoy the sound :thumbsup:

There can,t be a power drop thats only in your mind

drive the trip to Glasgow and you will enjoy it very much :thumbsup:

let us now when you drove the trip to Glasgow ok ;)

Maybe you have to check the connection ( is the gaskit still in between )and thit you thigthen the screws GOOD

The sound is OK its not loud , i drove for a couple of months witout my radio on to enjoy the sound :thumbsup:

There can,t be a power drop thats only in your mind

drive the trip to Glasgow and you will enjoy it very much :thumbsup:

let us now when you drove the trip to Glasgow ok ;)

if the gasket doesn;t fit closely, there can be some power loss...

TTE fitted ok, had to use some fire gum because some of the original gasket came away - most of it was well and truly stuck to the mid section part. Fire Gum appears to have done the trick as no blowing form the joint and a nice burble from the twin pipes.

Before I started the job I phoned my local Toyota garage and asked again about any gaskets and parts chap said none required. When I took the old exhaust off it appeared that the two sections come together as one concave and the other convex fitting. Little bit of a bugger lining up but once in line bolts tightened up straight.

No difference in power so far but still running in as such to make sure cement hardens properly.

Total time start to finish approx 1 hour.

Cheers for all advice

I made 2 pics to let you all see what i did for the wonky TTE exhaust

afbeelding4685co.jpg

afbeelding4707ns.jpg

I made 2 pics to let you all see what i did for the wonky TTE exhaust

afbeelding4685co.jpg

afbeelding4707ns.jpg

G6-R, What do you mean by wonky TTE exhaust? By the way, I went back to the dealer to have a check on the "water dripping" joint... and .... guess what? It didn't leak when i was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ffs: typical eh?

I have got a question on how they test the leak, one of the technician covered the exhaust and showed me no leak from the joint... but would i do any harm to the engine if they cover both holes by hands? I was worried... :blink:

Also, I found that there is a little hole at the end of the muffler, which drips water, does yours do the same? I have heard about muffler usually have this kind of hole which helps removing the water from the muffler to prevent rusting?? By the way, I would take some photos of my new exhaust for you guys soon ! B)

Kev

best way to check if exhaust is "blowing" is to put your hand over the tailpipe with engine running.. if it blows your hand away with build up off pressure then its ok. if not, you will hear it blowing somewhere along the exhaust system... it does not damage your engine doing this.. :thumbsup:

G6-R, What do you mean by wonky TTE exhaust? By the way, I went back to the dealer to have a check on the "water dripping" joint... and .... guess what? It didn't leak when i was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! typical eh?

Yeah but than when you get there the EXHAUST is already warm or hot and than all the water dryed up :!Removed!: the water is only coming out when then exhaust is as could as ICE :thumbsup:

G6-R, What do you mean by wonky TTE exhaust? By the way, I went back to the dealer to have a check on the "water dripping" joint... and .... guess what? It didn't leak when i was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! typical eh?

Yeah but than when you get there the EXHAUST is already warm or hot and than all the water dryed up :!Removed!: the water is only coming out when then exhaust is as could as ICE :thumbsup:

Does your muffler has a hole for draining water?

Kev

[

Does your muffler has a hole for draining water?

Kev

No , its in every muffler when the car is standing on the streets when its cold , look at the end of your exhaust when you start the engine and there,s a lot of white "smoke" coming out thats the water thats damping away it smokes untill the exhaust gets warm :yes::thumbsup:

the TTE backbox is ok. a few people have said its not loud and it isn't. there is a bit of a deep sound at just over 3000 rpm. nothing to rave about. i had one on my corolla until it dropped off. then i got a custom Cat bak ss exhaust with a 4inch oval talkpipe. there was a performance gain at about 4500 now it sounds like it should do!

the TTE backbox is ok. a few people have said its not loud and it isn't. there is a bit of a deep sound at just over 3000 rpm. nothing to rave about. i had one on my corolla until it dropped off. then i got a custom Cat bak ss exhaust with a 4inch oval talkpipe. there was a performance gain at about 4500 now it sounds like it should do!

personally, i bought the exhaust for the look :) and i don't want to sound too loud which the tte is exactly my type :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links