Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels

Mackers

Anyone got alloy wheels for a 2000 avensis?? IDEALLY 17 or 18" no matter about tyres, i'd buy new ones if needed, pls PM me,

Thanks

Wayne :)

Nope not selling only just got them

Cars bieng lowered as i post this 40mm as that pic is a vmod lowering

I got the wheels for £450 from Fitcar based in Cannock, but they have branches everywhere

Some online places sell the alloys too

5x100 et 35 is what u need fairly common so get looking :D

• 2 months later...

Hi Gregg, I've got similar 18" alloys on my Avensis. The problem I'm facing is they touch the inside of the rear arches (I think)- get a bad scraping noise when more than one person is sat in the back and I go over bumps or even ripples in the road. Any suggestions to what I should do to stop the wheels scraping?

Cheers

Ehtesham :help:

You say they are similar, but your offset could be way off.

What is the exact name of the wheel and tyre size?

I think the avensis offset is between 35...38 and the tyres I have are 215/40/17

Hi Gregg, I've got similar 18" alloys on my Avensis. The problem I'm facing is they touch the inside of the rear arches (I think)- get a bad scraping noise when more than one person is sat in the back and I go over bumps or even ripples in the road. Any suggestions to what I should do to stop the wheels scraping?

Cheers

Ehtesham :help:

it could be down to the offset, mine sit in the arches plenty, and 40mm springs,

If they do rub itll be a case of cutting some of the arch liner and then angle grinding the arch metal lip too

it could be down to the offset, mine sit in the arches plenty, and 40mm springs,

If they do rub itll be a case of cutting some of the arch liner and then angle grinding the arch metal lip too

Thanks chaps for replying.

The tyres are 225/40 ZR18 92Y and the wheels are MAS Italy. I'm afraid I don't know what offset means! As you can tell I'm a freshi to forums!

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc073604ey.jpg

offset is the distance the wheels sit from the hub where the wheel is sitting

mine is 38, so therefore they sit wel inside the arch, the higher the offset the more the wheel sits from the hub, so an offset of say 45 the wheel will sit out more and is more likely to catch the arch

110hh87.jpg

this is mine and it has been lowered by 40mm, yours seem ot sit directly with the arch line, mine sit inside the arch line hence no catching even with 5 people in on a run back from wales to the midlands

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links