Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tiny Little Car - Much Bigger Wheels...

alanbradley

Well, its only taken me about 5 months but I finally got a nice new set of 195/45 R16 Toyos fitted to the OZ wheels this morning (please let that be last time I ever need to buy 4 at once :crybaby: )

I stuck 2 of them on for a trial fitting this afternoon (they need spacer rings and the correct nuts before they can stay on - hopefully mid week) and took a couple of piccys for your delectation...

OZ-Wheels-01.jpg

OZ-Wheels-02.jpg

I have to say that I'm pretty chuffed with the looks as they fill the arches nicely - especially at the back - without looking like they've come from a Ripspeed catalogue.

Anyhow, that's this month's money spent - next month it a power box and then I'll be all sorted for the 'Ring at Easter :D

:thumbsup:

Alan

PS Apologies for piccys from the phone, the camera seems to be TU <_<

superb al :yes:

bit of a drop now and itll look even better :D

Its already on TTE springs :P Any further down and it starts to get complicated...

Cheers for all the kind words though folks :thumbs:

A

Very nice design but i would say again that the car is sitting too high! :o Mad as there 16's and its lowered but they look a lot less arch hugging than others. Maybe its the lower profile tires but shouldn't make that much difference!

superb al :yes:

bit of a drop now and itll look even better :D

Its already on TTE springs :P Any further down and it starts to get complicated...

Cheers for all the kind words though folks :thumbs:

A

i stand corrected! therefore she looks the nuts mate!

Yes... The bore diameter of the wheel centre is larger than that of the central spigot bitty on the Yaris hub. As a result its better (for the sake of £6) to do the job properly so there's less risk of damage to either the wheels or to myself :yes:

Funny you guys should comment on the height, because I thought the same. The suspension won't be changing for the forseeable future though - the car has to remain practical and it scuffs often enough as it is tbh.

The wheels look so much smaller on than they did when they were sitting in a stack.

:thumbsup:

A

Thanks again for all the kind words folks..

they need spacer rings???

Yes... The bore diameter of the wheel centre is larger than that of the central spigot bitty on the Yaris hub. As a result its better (for the sake of £6) to do the job properly so there's less risk of damage to either the wheels or to myself :yes:

It is Centralising rings... spacer rings are what you would do if the offset isn't right.. spacer rings go in between the wheel and the hub to bring the wheel away from the inner wing/strut, centralising rings convert the bore hole to the same size as the lip on the hub.

Just thought i'd clear that one up :rolleyes:

Looking good though Alan :thumbsup:

should get some proper shots with that scottish moorland in the back ground al :yes:

I've been out admiring it again... here are some better pics courtesey of Canon rather than Nokia

Cheers for clearing that up for me Davy - I'll get the terminology right at some point :rolleyes:

Rear-3q-01-web.jpg

Front-3q-High-0-web.jpg

Side-Profile-01.jpg

... and a close-up of one of the wheels

OZ-Wheel-01.jpg

Ta-da!

Apologies for the road-crap (and sheep-crap I see in the close-up) covering the car. I promise it was sparkling on Tuesday...

A

that does look smart Al, very good choice in wheelage, i nearly had them back in the day, wish i had done now!

They are sweet Alan! :drool:

I think it's sitting at just the right height btw! :yes:

Are they Tyres T1-R's?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links