Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ring Trip! Very Important

earpl

hi guys just applied for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) over the internet! it takes 2 mins to aply and arives within 7 days! personally i think if you havent got one it would be a very very good idea to get one before we go to germany.

What is an EHIC?

In line with EU rules, by 1st January 2006, all EEA (European Economic Area) countries are to issue the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as a replacement for the E111 form. The PPA took over the administration of the scheme from September 2005.

The EHIC gives the holder rights to treatment that becomes medically necessary during a temporary visit to EEA (European Economic Area) countries or Switzerland. People who are ordinarily resident in the UK can apply for an EHIC. Each individual travelling requires a card.

so log on and apply guys, it doesnt cost anything!

https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetPROD/home.do

mods i've put this in here cause more people will see it :) can we pin it untill after the trip?

cheers

chris.

very good idea young man, got mine about 6 months ago, if youve been into europe with an E111 in the last few months you should automatically get it

May as well do this now then :D

Thing's you will need to take with you by LAW

New for this year is High Vis Vests and you MUST have 1 for every person in the car (thank's Belgium) <_<

GB Badge on your car, a numberplate with a GB logo is accepted.

Warning Triangle

First Aid Box

Fire Extinguisher

Spare Bulb Set as you will be fined if pulled over for a defective light and cannot do anything about it.

Bulb Deflectors (you will need them on as you must put your lights on if it is raining or the conditions are dark)

Documents that need to be in your car when you are driving

Passport

V5

Driving Liscense

Insurance Cert (some insurers still issue green cards so you will need to carry that if they still issue them)

Thing's That I Want You To Do

As Chris has said get a EHIC.

Get European Breakdown Cover for the Trip BUT not with the AA or RAC as they will not recover anywhere near the Ring.

Make sure your breaks & tyres are in very good condition and that your car is fit for the Ring.

When you call your insurance up in April you are going to Koblenz for Easter, tis where the Rhine and the Mosel meets don't you know :lol:

For those that tinker with their cars you'll all know what tool's you use the most so bring them just incase.

If you have a towrope bring it as you are more than likely to be around another member out on track so if you have a off you can have a quick hook up an off as you don't want to be paying for armco and a tow.

Drive safely and well within your limits, if you cannot see the next corner or track infront due to an incline it will more than likely turn out to be turning the way you wouldn't expect it so slow down. Last year we had nothing worse than a few knackered brakes and a clutch on it's way out so the same attititude again please peeps :thumbsup:

Port to hotel driving and vice versa, don't speed peeps as the fines are huge so stay in convoy please. Also at the ring if you are going to the garage for fuel don't speed down the road as the police last year were hiding behind the parked cars with the laser gun.

If i think of owt else i'd add it on in a seperate post and just think in 7 week's time we will be on our way back :eek:

im glad youve put that up there - think i better get shopping! :(

Now i know why i was worried about taking my car - the added expense!

who is best for road side recovery then ken? can you recommend anybody?

Anyway who says were coming back? :lol: german cant be that hard to learn :D

who is best for road side recovery then ken? can you recommend anybody?

I'm with Flux Rescue but you can only get that if you are insured with them, basically it's Euro Assist so either them or Green Flag as that's who turn up in the UK are OK :thumbsup:

and Belgium sucks <_<

X2 :ban::bann::banned::chair:

Thanks i will look into it :)

Don't mention the Ring though as they then tell you you aren't covered for there ;)

and Belgium sucks <_<

X2 :ban::bann::banned::chair:

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

i paid 72 quid from elephant for full Uk and Euro breakdown for a year, the AA and RAC last year wanted in the region of 80-100quid for just a weeks worth of cover! :ffs:

i paid 72 quid from elephant for full Uk and Euro breakdown for a year, the AA and RAC last year wanted in the region of 80-100quid for just a weeks worth of cover! :ffs:

It's £43 with the Flux but i managed to get it for free :D

Darn - could have got the Flux cover just last week when I was changing my insurance. Didn't bother as I'm with Club Toyota :(

Apply for the EHICs card online if you can folks - it seems to toake about 3 weeks if you apply be post and about 3 days if you do it via the website.

Still need much of the stuff off the list though, but may be able to "borrow" some pieces from work and my old man...

A

Darn - could have got the Flux cover just last week when I was changing my insurance. Didn't bother as I'm with Club Toyota :(

You will still be able to get it Alan and it is really good :thumbsup:

Gear selector went whilst i was in Brittany so couldn't get 1st, 2nd or reverse :blink:

Toyota couldn't get the part until tuesday,this was friday and i was due to come home on the saturday. Option 1 was put me and the family up in a hotel until it was fixed and they would pay for my new ferry crossing :D Option 2 was to tow me to Calais, push me on the ferry and tow me to Scarborough from Dover, another great option as no fuel used by me :D :D :D

Then the blooming French towtruck driver told them he could make one back at his workshop, pah :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links