Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Sensor Help!

fishboy

Hey i need some help

ive recently bought a pipercross airfilter, i know what you lot feel bout these but this is all i could afford at the time, and now im agree'ing with you lot lol

i fitted the filter and started the car up, straight away the engine management light came on and it started to sound like it couldnt get enough air in.

so i have now removed it and found the problem. the pipercross filter is only designed to fit onto the box, which i didnt want, so i removed the box with out concern of the air sensor which i left 2 the atmosphere but now i need to find a body to house the air sensor to fit it to the system, i have found a picture of a members car to show you what im after

Copyof2187733_15_full.jpg

does anyone know where to purchase one of these items from and how much will it cost, or will i have to get one made?

thanks James

Ive also looked into this, funky styling sell adaptor plates for the yaris but they wont fit the air sensor in them (i was going to drill a hole in the side of it) Put the pipercross on ebob and buy thr greddy one or do what i done and buy another airbox and cut abig hole in it ! Sounds really good :thumbsup:

how much are paying for insurance mate - cos i wouldnt dare put the amount of mods you have on yours on mine with my insurance costs :S

Put it on the end of the airbox, sounded pretty decent when I had my Pipercross induction kit back in the day! I now have the GReddy and am very happy with it though! :D :thumbsup:

how much are paying for insurance mate - cos i wouldnt dare put the amount of mods you have on yours on mine with my insurance costs :S

Im havent yet insured it, and im not going to tell them bout the filter because if i was in a accident i would just switch the box

James.

the pipercross one is trash full stop, just bite the bullet and save your pennies for the GReddy item :yes:

Im havent yet insured it, and im not going to tell them bout the filter because if i was in a accident i would just switch the box

James.

and if your were in a bad crash and taken to hospital with you car removed to an impound lot for an assesor to look over?????? ;)

always declair mods mate :yes:

yeye surpose i will tell them, or go on one of those special moddification insurance, bt still can we get back to the topic lol, sorry but i need help on this

james.

Honestly dont bother with the pipercross. 2 options here. Save and buy a greddy one or chop a hole in your original airbox (i went to the scrappy and bought another box) :thumbsup:

Im goin to take blue-baby choice and cut up a airbox,how much can ya get one from salvage yards these days? tenner? cos i know theres one breaking at the moments down the local

RossP- how much you looking for yours and how long as it bin on your car?

I got an airbox from the scrappy for £20 with the long pipe that attaches to it. (also 6 bulb holders in that price though)

Ill put pics up if you want :P

One of the guys on Ozecho made his own air sensor mounting - he machined a metal tube to make the holder as I remember - have a look on the ozecho site and see.

How do i go on this ozecho site ?

blue-baby- if you have any pics that would be great, atleast ill have a idea to get started with :thumbsup:

you wouldnt still have the one you made for it by any chance?

if anyone else has tried to make one of these before,and would have pics or maybe a drawing you can show me because im all up for ideas?

Thanks James

blue-baby- if you have any pics that would be great, atleast ill have a idea to get started with :thumbsup:

you wouldnt still have the one you made for it by any chance?

Thanks James

Im still using it, will get pics up when its dry :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links