Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Lights

funkyg

On my 2001 Avensis the rear interior has just stopped working.

Took the cover off to change the bulb, but the bulb hasn't gone. It's done this before, stopped working and then worked again all on it's own. It;s the same whether I switch the light on or open the doors, still no light. The door sensors are working as the 'door open' light comes on on the dash.

Doing my head in now. Any ideas?

Mike.

Are these wedge type bulbs ? Does the bulb seem loose going in ? There should be some pressure involved pushing it home, if not the terminals may be loose and can be tightened with a set of pliers.

It could be wiring loom related or fuse. Would need wiring diagram after that to offer any more help.

Hello there geezer :thumbsup:

Ive just had the exact same problem with mine (weekend just gone) seemed to only come on when it wanted too. I popped the bulb out and the solder ends just fell apart (old and worn i guess). Drove to Halfords bought a new bulb popped it straight in and problem solved, works everytime now no probs!

Chow for now :D

Hello there geezer :thumbsup:

Ive just had the exact same problem with mine (weekend just gone) seemed to only come on when it wanted too. I popped the bulb out and the solder ends just fell apart (old and worn i guess). Drove to halfords bought a new bulb popped it straight in and problem solved, works everytime now no probs!

Chow for now :D

Sorted. One of the contacts had gone a bit rusty. Cleaned up with some wire wool, working fine now.

Mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links