Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Run Flat Tyre T180

druand

Is anyone actually using the CSR? Or is it just an alternative to the BSR?

I can't believe they would release a CSR if they are not being used on any vehicles?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• Hoovie

• sywy

• Parts-King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

The TPMS should not have to be reset when fitting a new Tyre, the problem is that some fitters let the tyre down without removing the key and so the car thinks it has a puncture. I have changed many of these Tyres and not had problems with TPMS.

Kirk

07989 359143

kirk.walker@bridgestone.eu

Is anyone actually using the CSR? Or is it just an alternative to the BSR?

I can't believe they would release a CSR if they are not being used on any vehicles?

In a moment of boredom :lol:

Found this.

This seems to say Maybach use them.

But.......looking at the Maybach website (international and UK), I can't see any mention of them.

The only thing I found was this.

So it would seem that Maybach only fit them to an anti-terrorist upgraded version, Maybach Guard :unsure:

Anyway, nice to know you are in exclusive company all you T180 owners! :lol::lol:

PS. If you do a Google search, Continental it seems have been looking into this since 2002! :huh: And still nobody wants to play ball! :lol::lol::lol:

Bridgestone: There are now a few different Tyre changers that can fit the BSR and CSR Tyres, the Machine costs are from £3500 upwards

That might be the case now Kirk, but it certainly wasnt when RFT hit the scene with Toyota, we were expected to lay out many £000's that was until a lease deal came along, because nobody would pay out the excessive costs required for the equipment, I'm sure you are very aware of the original cost?

AM

I was probably a little flippant yesterday and apologies for that, I was trying to think of an analagy but clearly failed. Yes it would be nice to have "menu" priced tyre, just like any other tyre, but the varying amounts of time it takes to fit/re-programme is an issue, and I think an independant would be reluctant to give an all inclusive price, once they have had difficulty fitting a few. To be honest as said previously, we get very few RFT replacements, maybe when we do them on a daily basis we could work a menu price, until then, you will have people charging a premium to cover the time fitting them, it certainly is NOT opportunistic greed

Kingo :thumbsup:

Bridgestone: There are now a few different Tyre changers that can fit the BSR and CSR Tyres, the Machine costs are from £3500 upwards

That might be the case now Kirk, but it certainly wasnt when RFT hit the scene with Toyota, we were expected to lay out many £000's that was until a lease deal came along, because nobody would pay out the excessive costs required for the equipment, I'm sure you are very aware of the original cost?

AM

I was probably a little flippant yesterday and apologies for that, I was trying to think of an analagy but clearly failed. Yes it would be nice to have "menu" priced tyre, just like any other tyre, but the varying amounts of time it takes to fit/re-programme is an issue, and I think an independant would be reluctant to give an all inclusive price, once they have had difficulty fitting a few. To be honest as said previously, we get very few RFT replacements, maybe when we do them on a daily basis we could work a menu price, until then, you will have people charging a premium to cover the time fitting them, it certainly is NOT opportunistic greed

Kingo greedy - surely not? :P

Anyway, whens runflats coming oot fur ma lanrover?

Anyway, whens runflats coming oot fur ma lanrover?

Oh, those have been out for years :P

AM look away now...............too late.

lixtoll2.jpg

Bothwell Buyer: Kingo greedy - surely not?

Only when it comes to pies :D:

Kingo's not greedy, I never meant that for a second (well except for the pies) :P

No, you have to take it back to production costs. Kirk reckons everything is pretty much standard except for the support ring so you would need to know what the price is to TGB and what the price is to independents. I would not ask or expect Kirk to publish that info but if it works like the rest of the industry the mark up to TGB will be low and they will make a big profit but when it comes to the aftermarket the price will be pitched to make the selling price similar from both sources and Bridgestone will have their bite of the cherry. I'm not interested in the price of the kit to change it as you don't expect to pay for a wheel free lift when you have an oil change. This is absorbed by the labour cost at TGB and margin at the independent.

Its just that both bites are too big and it will take some intervention from the OFT or a third party manufacturer to start making them to drive the prices down.

You cannot convince me that somebody is not making a killing here and the T180 owners are being fleeced.

Bothwell Buyer: Kingo greedy - surely not?

Only when it comes to pies :D:

Here you go Kingo!

12888115213.jpg

"Straight from the list of products we never knew we needed comes this, the in-car microwave from Maplins.

It can be powered from the cigarette lighter or direct from the car's Battery and can heat up a pizza in a couple of minutes or a coffee in three minutes.

But be warned, if you ever find your Ginsters pasty anything less than volcanic and in need of a quick zap, be sure to start your car up before plugging in the microwave - at best your pasty might take longer to heat up, at worst it could make the Battery go flat.

The in-car microwave is available from Maplins now at a special introductory cost of £99."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A cheaper option is the invertor to change 12V to 230V ac and then just keep a cooker in the back. One can buy them quite cheap - or get one with wheels and tie it to the back bumper or tailgate/door. You could even set up a lay-by small business at lunchtimes when yer oot frae behind the cupboard door!! :thumbsup:

what about fish in foil and leaving on top of engine? that is meant to be very effective, no?

Hang on - is this what is meant by going off-topic :blink::rolleyes:

what about fish in foil and leaving on top of engine? that is meant to be very effective, no?

Hang on - is this what is meant by going off-topic :blink::rolleyes:

Much ado about nothing! The tyre is only flat at the bottom and no matter how hard you try, it only ever stays flat at the bottom. Someone just needs to alter the law of gravity. Over to Mr Brown.......

Hmmmmm. a handy pie heater for £99 .........

Might be worth the investment. Maybe we could supply them as a sweetner to anybody with a T180 who feels they will be stranded by the side of the road with a flat :rolleyes: That way you could brew up and zap yer pie whilst waiting for the RAC :D:

Not found out yet whether the control unit will accept 5 codes at the same time or just 4.

Well, these pictures of the Toyota tester display suggests it may be able to take 5 IDs:

tpmstester.png

tpmstest2.png

Maybe even 2 sets of tyre possible (probably for areas like southern Germany and Austria).

Thanks SHCM, looks promising.

SuperWhite; The ride isn't harder with the Toyota system as it uses standard tyres. The Mini/BMW system uses tyres with stiff sidewalls and I am with you on junking these for standard tyres and a spare. My 5 series on 20" rims rides better than with the original 18" RFTs, and at least they give you a spare wheel option on the current 5.

Why won't Toyayta sanction the removal of the support rings? They sell other RAVs without the system but cite 'liability issues' when refusing to remove them from T180s.

The other shock was £1000 for a complete T180 wheel new (to use as a spare). A BMW equivalent is less than half that.

Helloooo

Hoovie - I live in the NW, My T180 came from a Toyota garage that doesn't have the machinery to change the wheels and when I bought it off them 2nd hand (18mths old) they failed to inform me of this small detail. Tsk.

Well we were going to change our wheels coz we were too darn far away from a Toyota service dept who could change a tyre - Preston and Carlisle being the nearest at 70+miles each. Farce continued when we bought a set of fabulous new wheels off eBay for a reasonable price, and ordered some lovely tyres from good ole Kwikfit. Only when wheels arrived they weren't the right size - advert was wrong! Grrrrr. So fabulous new wheels were picked up by TNT today and refund is imminent - all well and good except I've got one very nearly bald tyre. I can't wait for another set of reasonably priced wheels to turn up! So....

... I'm going to have to... (gulp) pay money to replace a stoopid tyre.

Car will be on eBay soon I reckon. My heart is broken. I loved my last Rav despite it's DMF - when Toyota did good and fixed it for me depite being out of warranty.

Only good news is the Independant List from Kirk (THANK KIRK!!!) - and now there's someone a mere 30miles away who can put a tyre on my car! Yippee.

Oh... And in my research to get prices for my new tyres I was told this...

(Paraphrasing a bit...)

"£224 but if the inner rim is damaged then it's another £100."

"Inner rim isn't damaged - it's a worn tyre, not a puncture."

"Yes, but we have to explain that until we take the tyre off we can't tell if you need an inner rim or not. It might be damaged by removing the tyre."

That's right. I could drive in with a healthy wheel and worn tyre and when they replaced my tyre the inner rim could get damaged and if it did then it would cost me £100. WTF!!! So I rang the other dealer and asked them about this and they said that the inner rim could get damamged when removing the old tyre, but 9 times out of 10 it would be fine. And if it was damaged??

They wouldn't charge me the full amount - maybe £50-60.

That's alright then. Youbreak my car and I pay you some money. Sounds fair.

I dispair.

Am looking at a Golf GTI or Focus ST. No other 4WD I like that OH would drive.

Then I'd have to leave TOC. :(

Gosh that was a long post. Did anyone read this far????? lol

Did anyone read this far????? lol

Yes :D

Good luck with your search for a nice hot hatch! :thumbsup: (Photos please :D )

Sorry the whole sad RFT situation has driven you to this .........but you have to do what you feel is best and I wish you all the very best! :thumbsup:

PS. Don't leave the TOC.......there are plenty of non-Toyota drivers hanging around here! :lol::lol:

Helloooo

Hoovie - I live in the NW, My T180 came from a Toyota garage that doesn't have the machinery to change the wheels and when I bought it off them 2nd hand (18mths old) they failed to inform me of this small detail. Tsk.

Well we were going to change our wheels coz we were too darn far away from a Toyota service dept who could change a tyre - Preston and Carlisle being the nearest at 70+miles each. Farce continued when we bought a set of fabulous new wheels off EBay for a reasonable price, and ordered some lovely tyres from good ole Kwikfit. Only when wheels arrived they weren't the right size - advert was wrong! Grrrrr. So fabulous new wheels were picked up by TNT today and refund is imminent - all well and good except I've got one very nearly bald tyre. I can't wait for another set of reasonably priced wheels to turn up! So....

... I'm going to have to... (gulp) pay money to replace a stoopid tyre.

Car will be on EBay soon I reckon. My heart is broken. I loved my last Rav despite it's DMF - when Toyota did good and fixed it for me depite being out of warranty.

Only good news is the Independant List from Kirk (THANK KIRK!!!) - and now there's someone a mere 30miles away who can put a tyre on my car! Yippee.

Oh... And in my research to get prices for my new tyres I was told this...

(Paraphrasing a bit...)

"Yes, but we have to explain that until we take the tyre off we can't tell if you need an inner rim or not. It might be damaged by removing the tyre."

That's right. I could drive in with a healthy wheel and worn tyre and when they replaced my tyre the inner rim could get damaged and if it did then it would cost me £100. WTF!!! So I rang the other dealer and asked them about this and they said that the inner rim could get damamged when removing the old tyre, but 9 times out of 10 it would be fine. And if it was damaged??

I dispair.

Am looking at a Golf GTI or Focus ST. No other 4WD I like that OH would drive.

Then I'd have to leave TOC. :(

Gosh that was a long post. Did anyone read this far????? lol

Dear german flower

Ye shuid shift yer carcasses up tae near Motherwell and ahll gie ye a shot o wan o ma RAVs wi the Toyota racing engines fitted. Fensport hae jist fitted the same enjun tae a gen7 Celica very successfully. Ma pals at the garage fitted wan 3SGTE turbo tae ma 1994 3 door and tomorrow ah get ma new 6 spoke DARE wheels an 225/40x18 tyres fitted. Naebiddies beat me oan the drag strip fur the first 1/8 mile - the beast lifts aff its front wheels in proud display o the power!!!

Ma 4.1 is IMO 5M times better than ony thing else ahv ever driven.

Ah wis so impressed, ah boucht anither 1994 RAV 4.1 tae pit anither turbo engine in. An the guid news is ah have a spare 3SGTE engine tae play aboot an upgrade it tae a 500bhp lump. Bearing in mind the original RAV wis 127bhp and the T180 is less than 250bhp.

The current wan is running aroon 270bhp. An if yer intae enjoying real drivin this things feeeeeeeeeeeeeckn amazing!!!

Did anyone read this far????? lol

Yes :D

Good luck with your search for a nice hot hatch! :thumbsup: (Photos please :D )

Sorry the whole sad RFT situation has driven you to this .........but you have to do what you feel is best and I wish you all the very best! :thumbsup:

PS. Don't leave the TOC.......there are plenty of non-Toyota drivers hanging around here! :lol::lol:

Aye - an a pile o 5 door dieselly smelly engined car drivers tae!!!

Owner of 25% of the turbo modified RAVs in the world. Petrol an loving it.

Just to confirm Daisy, you do not have to pay for the inner ring if the garage damage it! Toyota GB refunded me the price of an inner ring, when Inchcape Basingstoke damaged it and then tried to charge me for it! I have this in writing (let me know if you need further help) :thumbsup:

I'm sorry that you feel you must sell your Rav, but how much money are you going to loose by selling it? The money lost might be similar in price to paying for 4 new run flats! :eek:

Just out of interest, how have you managed to wear one tyre only? :blink:

As it is raining extremely hard here today (nothing new there, then) I have been reading a very interesting book on 4x4s and, in the section on tyres, it says (alongside a cutaway drawing of the Bridgestone RFT) The shape of things to come. Like Michelin's Pax... blah blah blah

So I googled "Michelin Pax" and found "Launched in 1998, PAX System is made up of 4 elements: a high performance and unseatable tire, an asymmetrical rim, a run-flat insert ring enabling zero pressure continued driving for at least 200 km at 80 kmh and a pressure monitoring system. PAX System is the only solution to meet simultaneously carmaker and driver expectations through a combination of performance and driving comfort, greater safety, enhanced mobility and environment friendliness. For all these reasons and because it is suited to all vehicle segments, PAX System is poised to become the new standard in the tire industry."

I knew there would be trouble 'cos they couldn't spell "tyre"....

Pax-1.jpg

And, indeed, there has been a bit of trouble...Michelin Giving up on Pax Run Flat Tire

Eerily similar, eh?

Eerily similar, eh?

Very. Interesting find and read Robert. :thumbsup:

Very interesting, Robert - reading the michelin link .... you could just about repalce the words "Michelin" with "Bridgestone" and "PAX" with "BSR" :eek:

I especially like this sentence .... "Ms. mann said complaints from some consumers and lawsuits about problems — including high replacement costs and difficulties getting the tires repaired — did not play a role in the decision" - yeah, right :rolleyes:

I think that article explains why there are no BSR RFTs on the US RAV4s :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links