Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima Lucida Faulty Turbo

paulalawrenson

Hi All

I really hope someone can help me.

I think the turbo has gone on my Estima Lucida 2.2 4wd TD.

The oomph has been going out of the engine for a little while (my husband thought I was imagining it).

The other day it started making what can only be described as a ghostly screech and I realised the oomph had totally gone and the turbo light was no longer coming on. I managed to get it home and noticed a white smoke coming from the exhaust. I had previously noticed that what appears to be oil seemed to be spurting from underneath the car when it was started.

I think it is a turbo problem and the garage is taking my word for it!!! They cannnot get a new turbo unit and have asked me to source one!!!

Do you think I am heading in the right direction with my diagnosis and do you knw where I can get the part I need.

I wait with baited breath

Cheers

Paula

i would get a mechanic to check it before you spend a lot on things that are not broke.if you are in the aa or rac call them its cheaper still.

ray

Thanks holtgizmo, will give it ago. Such a simple answer, should have thought of it myself.

Paula

Hi All

I really hope someone can help me.

I think the turbo has gone on my Estima Lucida 2.2 4wd TD.

The oomph has been going out of the engine for a little while (my husband thought I was imagining it).

The other day it started making what can only be described as a ghostly screech and I realised the oomph had totally gone and the turbo light was no longer coming on. I managed to get it home and noticed a white smoke coming from the exhaust. I had previously noticed that what appears to be oil seemed to be spurting from underneath the car when it was started.

I think it is a turbo problem and the garage is taking my word for it!!! They cannnot get a new turbo unit and have asked me to source one!!!

Do you think I am heading in the right direction with my diagnosis and do you knw where I can get the part I need.

I wait with baited breath

Cheers

Paula

Give this place a try came across them when looking through eBay...

Clicky

:thumbsup:

Already have Chatman. No luck though. Thanks for your time.

Paula

Paula

Just had a look though some of my IE Favorites.. Try some of these, As yours is an import may be harder to source..

nipponautoparts

jappartsdirect

Estima parts

Found the last one on Google...

Good luck

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Paula,

You can get a turbo on eBay for £70 - £120 and it is very easy to fit , as i done mine about 6 weeks ago. The car failed the MOT on emissions, it was very smokey and smelt strongly of oil, i thought a oil change , engine flush, diesel filter change , oil filter change and use of a good quality oil would do the trick. But it was still just as bad, i figured that the engine must be shagged and oil was getting past the pistons, i was just about to pay £800 for another engine to be fitted, i was chatting to a diesel fitter at work about the problem and he said because car starts straight away (within a couple of seconds from cold) it's proberly the turbo, which being the cheapest option of the two i decided to get one ..

£70 on eBay, i collected it and fitted it in about 6 hours, bearing in mind that i had never attempted to do a turbo before and having fitted it could do the job again in 3 -- 4 quite easily. Hey presto ultra low emissions

It's not as big a job as people would have you believe

Regards Darryl

Hi Paula,

You can get a turbo on ebay for £70 - £120 and it is very easy to fit , as i done mine about 6 weeks ago. The car failed the MOT on emissions, it was very smokey and smelt strongly of oil, i thought a oil change , engine flush, diesel filter change , oil filter change and use of a good quality oil would do the trick. But it was still just as bad, i figured that the engine must be shagged and oil was getting past the pistons, i was just about to pay £800 for another engine to be fitted, i was chatting to a diesel fitter at work about the problem and he said because car starts straight away (within a couple of seconds from cold) it's proberly the turbo, which being the cheapest option of the two i decided to get one ..

£70 on Ebay, i collected it and fitted it in about 6 hours, bearing in mind that i had never attempted to do a turbo before and having fitted it could do the job again in 3 -- 4 quite easily. Hey presto ultra low emissions

It's not as big a job as people would have you believe

Regards Darryl

Thankyou Darryl.

I managed to get one for £95 and a mechanic friend has just fitted it in a couple of hours. Fingers crossed it seems to be ok.

Just got to get through the MOT tomorrow now.

Why do all these things happen at once :wacko:

Cheers

Paula

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links