Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spark Plug Removal

Royster

Hi folks,

I decided to order my serice parts this weekend; Oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs. They only had the spark plugs in stock, so I took them home. Anyway, I decided to have a go at replacing them this afternoon, and 3 of the 4 look easy enough to do, but the one closest to the bulkhead seems to be a right git to get access to, just to confirm I've got a 2.2 petrol (1990) the markings on the Engine say 4Y something or other, so any ideas on how I get to the damn thing? I've had a look round the net but can't find anything, I'm wondering if I've got to remove the 'thing' in the way. If its any use, I can post a picture and go from there...

Thanks in advance

Rog

Hi folks,

I decided to order my serice parts this weekend; Oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs. They only had the spark plugs in stock, so I took them home. Anyway, I decided to have a go at replacing them this afternoon, and 3 of the 4 look easy enough to do, but the one closest to the bulkhead seems to be a right git to get access to, just to confirm I've got a 2.2 petrol (1990) the markings on the Engine say 4Y something or other, so any ideas on how I get to the damn thing? I've had a look round the net but can't find anything, I'm wondering if I've got to remove the 'thing' in the way. If its any use, I can post a picture and go from there...

Thanks in advance

Rog

i haven't got a clue mate

post a pic up of the area of the engine you are trying to access but not too close so the pic shows all the componets that may block access to that area.

If you know what i mean :unsure:

See if this helps, might be too far away...

sparkplugs1hs.jpg

Green are the easy to access plugs, red being the toerag!!!

Thanks

Rog

Ok could you now post another pic slightly closer to the arae ringed in red but leave the other pic up there too :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Well I managed to remove my plugs in the end. I ended up removing the bonnet and the 'vaccum' thing that was in the way, after that it was easy :)

Thanks again

Rog

Hi Steve,

Well I managed to remove my plugs in the end. I ended up removing the bonnet and the 'vaccum' thing that was in the way, after that it was easy :)

Thanks again

Rog

great to hear you got the plug that was annoying you out, hope to take pics of the front bar for you so you can see it. did you get the bars yet from roughtrax?

great to hear you got the plug that was annoying you out, hope to take pics of the front bar for you so you can see it. did you get the bars yet from roughtrax?

Hi Red,

I've just posted an update on the Hilux forum. But in short yes I've got them, turned up today, just got to get them fitted :)

Rog

Hi Steve,

Thanks again

Rog

Nice one Roy :thumbsup:

Glad you got it sorted in the end :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links