Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry V6 Estate Brake Warning Light

funky.chicken!

For the first time today the brake warning light came on so i called my local garage and they asked me to check the brake fluid, which i did and it was fine, now the light stayed on all day and i booked it into the garage for them to have a look.

As soon as i got there guess what? yup, the light went out.

now my brake pads look fine so what causes the light to come on?? it looks like this (!) but in red.

Any ideas?

If the fluid is up to the max. mark it could be the handbrake warning light switch causing the trouble.

Fluid level is up to the max.

Is the hand brake warning light not totaly seprate from this light?

How can i check the handbrake switch?

Regards.

Low fluid and Handbrake warning light are normally on the same circuit.

Check the Low Fluid Switch first (usually built into the Master Cyl.Cap).

To check the Handbrake W/Light - operate the H/Brake a couple of times to see if the light comes on/off.

Failing that - remove the H/Brake consol and check the switch is releasing when the H/brake is released (located at the base of the H/Brake ratchet quadrant).

Hi Mick24

Thanks for the info.

The handbrake has no affect on the warning light, the brake light that looks like ( B ) on the dash goes on and off as it should when activating the hand brake, the light that looks like ( ! ) is still staying on all the time.

I have checked the fluid resiviour which is full and have noticed a connector going into the side of this, i have pulled it out giving a clean of and put it back in.

The light (!) is now off again so ill see how it goes over the next few days, the car is booked in at a garage to have a look at a power steering leak so if there are any more problems ill tell the garage to have a look at it.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem has now been sorted,

The light did come back on again but after more searching on the forum a saw a post about the same problem but on a mk1 supra and it turns out it was the same problem here

The rear brake bulb had an interimitant fault some sometime the light came on and sometime it didn't, have replaced the bulb and all has been fine for the last few days.

Thanks to all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links