Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Fined £30 The Other Day For My Number Plate

Roytoner

They stopped me & fined £30 cos the numbers where to close together,

the fact I had a import size plate on was o.k.?? :eek: (u.k. car)

What hurt was the nice :censor: Police man asked me if it was diesel cos of the TRD Badge on the back :D :D

Worth the fine for that (not) :ffs:

When he left me he stopped a rover with std plates on :eek: WTF is going on?? I have done well to get away with it for so long, but stopping cars with std plates on :unsure:

You sure he stopped the Rover? It probably just ground to a halt on its own.... :D

Stop picking on the LESS FORTUNATE :D :D

Well I for one will sleep easier tonight knowing that the British police are working so tirelessly to capture those real criminals that bring so much misery and distress to people by having digits on their number plates too close together.

Must be due to less people are speeding now so they now have to find something else to fine you on and justify there existance,

I mean heaven forbid they have to find some real police work to do

Was it the traffics or the normal police? ;)

Traffic that why I give him my curl up and die look when he asked if it was diesel :ffs:

The joys of motoring :D :D

when he did the PNC I was waiting for him to ask if I was called Christine :D :D

Forgot to say he did say I was LUCKY this did not earn points !!

Bad luck, mate. I've been toying with new plates for my car for a while now and some weren't going to be quite legal. I've cried off because, although a happy sort of person, I just know I'd be the one to get stopped first time out. :yes:

Bad luck, mate. I've been toying with new plates for my car for a while now and some weren't going to be quite legal. I've cried off because, although a happy sort of person, I just know I'd be the one to get stopped first time out. :yes:

Had them on for over a year so can't complain. :crybaby:

Remember, crimes like those seen tonight are rare, so take care, sleep well and don’t have nightmares...

Remember, crimes like those seen tonight are rare, so take care, sleep well and don’t have nightmares...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

yeah, shockin' :eek:

OHH GOD :D :D :D

They pulled you cuz they were bored, thats what pigs do :censor: ers

Last month my other half got pulled for the same thing also he's is a small plate, he's got a Nissan Pulsar Gti-r Jap import. Also they had concerns that the car had been stolen cuz the last owner never reported it that he had sold it to a dealer. So they imponded his car until he could find proof that he purchased the car. What made things worse he didn't have the log book only the little green slip which the pigs said wasn't enough proof. Had to pay 130 quid to get car back and 25 quid for new log book cuz dvla said they have already despatched it two weeks earlier. Useles pri*ks

Well I for one will sleep easier tonight knowing that the British police are working so tirelessly to capture those real criminals that bring so much misery and distress to people by having digits on their number plates too close together.

Was it the traffics or the normal police? ;)

Traffic

I see your point SMW but the traffic polices's job is to police the traffic/drivers who aren't obeying the law and not to catch real criminals! :yes::thumbsup:

sorry to hear that, its a pain i've been there myself, i luckily escaped a fine, for once it was actually a nice chap, i was just told to replace with standard... the best bit though.. while he was filling his form in, he actually had to ask me what my car was :lol:

Point taken but you get my gist.

Yeah, I get you! :) :thumbsup:

Charlie, when I got breathalised once (passed btw) the officer thought my car was a Corsa, I was none too pleased! :ffs:

I live in a village, and we've allegedly got five 'community' beat officers, who ride around on pushbikes. The only time I've ever seen one, was when he was stood on the pavement pointing a laser gun at passing cars. :ffs:

Last year on a freezing cold january night, I got pulled over at 2:30am because one of my headlights was out. It was working when I left the house that morning, so I know it had only just gone. He asked if I had a spare bulb to replace it there and then. I said no, because there was no way I was going to strip down the headlight to change the bulb by the side of the road in those conditions. I got a rectification notice and had to pay an MOT centre to confirm that I had changed the bulb. :ffs: The stupidest part was they asked where I had been that night, when I told them I was in a bar, they didn't even ask if I'd had a drink or breathalise me! :huh:

It's obvious why they want everyone's numberplates to conform exactly though - so all their numberplate recognition cameras can pick them up properly. Soon they will be everywhere, charging us every time we use a motorway. :ffs:

I have had no problems with my UK supra (JDM tail lights, and therefore numberplate ona uk supra).

I did get once get pulled over by some jumped up plod that had a go at my front numberplate (as in avarar) saying my spacing was illegal on my "2000 CB" no. plate... I pointed out taht it was not illegal at all and that was what the plate was meant to be so he gave me a producer and threatened me with various fines for illegal spacing......

Naturally it all checked out perfectly.... Just a waste of my time, and police time, both on the pulling over and producer side of things.....

9/10 times they honesty don't have anything better to do!!!!! They were not at all interested when some woman hit and destroyed the front wing of my car, dispite photo and whitness evidence.....

That would be real police work............

Thye were also not interested when I saw someone open their door onto my car, denting the rear wing of my supra TT (one of about 5 in the uk)... they honestly could not care less (whitness and CCTV proof)

I Have zero respect for the police. They have never helped me when I needed them, and just given me grief when I am in the right....

I wish I could have a private polive alternative...... like private health care over the NHS...

preferably armed with AK-47s, blow torches and pliers :thumbsup:

sorry to here of your run in Paul mate.... police eh :rolleyes:

gotta say tho there are some who are pretty good guys an gals.... personally think its the new ones and young ones that need some ahem re-education

reminds me of the time when i was 'mansfields most wanted' :D

Ah... It was you was it? ;) That's why burgularies had gone up in Mansfield... All the police where chasing you for a dodgy number plate!

Ah... It was you was it? ;) That's why burgularies had gone up in Mansfield... All the police where chasing you for a dodgy number plate!

well heres the original topic :P

Point taken but you get my gist.

Yeah, I get you! :) :thumbsup:

Charlie, when I got breathalised once (passed btw) the officer thought my car was a Corsa, I was none too pleased! :ffs:

I got stopped by the cops in Ireland in my first car (a Swift 1.0L GTi lookalike) that was debadged and clean as a whistle and got asked if it was a Civic! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links