Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Rack Captive Nut Broke Free

gord7777

Hi everyone I have a 2002 1.8vvti Avensis Vermont and the steering rack's captive bolt which goes through the front sub frame has come free from the front sub frame I was wondering if anyone esle had seen or had this problem, mine is being sorted out under warranty but the mechanics and I were curious. Many thanks.

Hi everyone I have a 2002 1.8vvti Avensis Vermont and the steering rack's captive bolt which goes through the front sub frame has come free from the front sub frame I was wondering if anyone esle had seen or had this problem, mine is being sorted out under warranty but the mechanics and I were curious. Many thanks.

it is a known fault on the pre face life avensis. which i hope you had reparied under warrenty

priustech! :ffs: Be more specific or you'll confuse people. It wasn't a "face-lift", it was a completely new car. Do you know what is implied by a "face-lift"? Making the bumper different.... :yes:

priustech! :ffs: Be more specific or you'll confuse people. It wasn't a "face-lift", it was a completely new car. Do you know what is implied by a "face-lift"? Making the bumper different.... :yes:

Ok saw sorry about that, just to used to it at work mate :(

• 1 year later...

hi gord. I have just had my car in for the same fault and because it is now 10 weeks out of warranty they want loads of ££££ to fix it, which i disagree with. Think maybe its time for Toyota to get a call from the safety dept of VOSA.

:unsure:

• 6 months later...

Hi. I have Avensis 2.0 VVTi 51 reg, so the car is out of warranty now. I seem to have a serious problem with the steering too. The is a kind of backlash: when I turn the steering wheel right, and then left, the wheels do not seems to react to the steering wheel for the first 30-45 degree of turn. The same thing happens for left-right turn. The mechanic said that the bolts have somehow come out of the subframe and he suggested to buy a second-hand subframe from dismantlers.

Do you think that such behaviour of the steering could be caused by the subframe? I mean would change of subframe solve the problem?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links