Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

7000 Miles

SMW

OK 7000 miles under my belt and here is what has broken / got damaged on the Aygo - nothing major but would be interested in comparing with others:

1. clip that hold drivers carpet mat in place has broken although in fairness I do take it out most days - I actually prefer it broken as it still stays in place but is easier to remove

2. a small thread has pulled on the drivers seat - probably caught on something on my clothing, a bit annoying but not the end of the world

3. glass boot knob has started getting stuck in the 'pushed in' position - gave it a good blast of WD40 and it has been OK but I think this one will raise it's head again

4. floor pan carpet has worn (excessively IMO) where the clutch pedal touches when fully pressed. Am I just heavy footed ? Would like to know if others are getting this wear - the carpet has almost worn through to floor pan on mine !

5. I keep catching my foot on the door when I get out of the car and it is scraping and marking the door plastic - my fault I know but I keep doing it - anybody else noticed this ?

Finally, not broken but has anyone noticed that if you have the passenger seat in a certain position with just a driver in the car the passenger seat belt buckle bangs against the side air bag housing on the side of the passenger seat - took me ages to suss it - just moved the seat a little bit forward and it no longer connects.

Cheers.

Steve

OK 7000 miles under my belt and here is what has broken / got damaged on the Aygo - nothing major but would be interested in comparing with others:

1. clip that hold drivers carpet mat in place has broken although in fairness I do take it out most days - I actually prefer it broken as it still stays in place but is easier to remove

2. a small thread has pulled on the drivers seat - probably caught on something on my clothing, a bit annoying but not the end of the world

3. glass boot knob has started getting stuck in the 'pushed in' position - gave it a good blast of WD40 and it has been OK but I think this one will raise it's head again

4. floor pan carpet has worn (excessively IMO) where the clutch pedal touches when fully pressed. Am I just heavy footed ? Would like to know if others are getting this wear - the carpet has almost worn through to floor pan on mine !

5. I keep catching my foot on the door when I get out of the car and it is scraping and marking the door plastic - my fault I know but I keep doing it - anybody else noticed this ?

Finally, not broken but has anyone noticed that if you have the passenger seat in a certain position with just a driver in the car the passenger seat belt buckle bangs against the side air bag housing on the side of the passenger seat - took me ages to suss it - just moved the seat a little bit forward and it no longer connects.

Cheers.

Steve

Yes i got the same prob with the carpet which is worn where the clutch touches the floor and also the tread on the seats

Cheers.

Steve

1 i cant have your problem cos i only got common rubber mats with it so they don't clip! (soon will have a chat with Mr.T on that!)

2 in my case a hell of a lot of threads has been pulled out of my seat (after 400miles!) and 1 or 2 on the passengers seat (talked to Mr T. about it and he is changing the drivers seat cover FREE)

3 not yet as my car has done only 1250miles!

4 i dont think is yet time to check that :)

5 yes i have thesame prob so its not you mate (it get scratched just behind the door pocket.

6 on mine the door frame sealing rubber keeps coming off (noticed this when the front pillar plastic cover started making some noise and saw it was moving out as the rubber wasn't there holding the plastic in its place!)

well these things are minor things as i am really happy with my car :thumbsup: and wouldnt change it with anything else (well except a red ferrari maybe ;P )

Cheers.

Steve

1. My clip has broken too but like you find it much better now.

2. I have a peugeot an therefore different trim and my seats are far more hard wearing it seems. 13000 miles and they don't even look sat in.

3. I've not had the boot button problem but i have WD40'd the catch as it wasn't shutting properly.

4. Will check clutch pedal mark on carpet today

5. I have scuffed the door too, but the trim protection/cleaner seems to look after it o kay. Just open the door wider!!

6. Not noticed your belt problem in mine.

The front end plastics on mine get gouged a little easily by stones other than that a perfect little car. Far less annoying than others i have driven.

that thing to hold the drivers floor mat broke on mine too. Cambridge Toyota offered to replace it once they got the parts in, but after 6 months I'm sick of chasing them up to be honest...

also, my boot needs an almighty slam to make it shut recently - something else to start chasing them up over, I guess

I'm getting close to 3500 miles myself.

Biggest problem so far was the rear seat; the swab kept poping up - caused by two faulty plastic clips replaced under warranty.

I noticed a few chips on the bonnet on Sunday; touch-up paint on order due Wednesday/Thursday.

A few other minor scratches, especially in the interior (noticed that the speedo in particular can be marked quite easily).

Slight rattle in driver's door pillar - especially when the car is cold - still not as noisey as the passenger window in my Rover 216Si.

I haven't had problems with carpet wear - I have mats in the car that grip very well on the bottom - not the proper Aygo set that use the corner tab though.

Otherwise doing great :thumbsup:

yeah plusser, i somehow acquired a mysterious scratch on my speedo too. Im ordering a replacement unit and painting it to match the body colour i think. A nice thick clear coat ought to protect it a little i reckon...

SMW,

I work at a toyota dealers, we have sold quite alot of the Aygo model.

The old demo aygo and also one that had been part x'd needed new tail glass buttons as they had stuck in. I tried WD40, white grease,copper grease etc etc and it did nothing to help. yours may only be sticking a little at the moment but if its anything like these 2 i dealt with i would get it changed under warranty now before you cant shut the tailgate at all.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Mart

Mart

Thanks for the advice - mine will be on 10 000 miles soon so will be in for a £90 top up of washer fluid anyway so I'll get it done then.

:thumbsup:

The Mileage is sure creeping up :)

On the Yaris the mat covers the whole of the floorpan and has a clip to keep it in place, mine has done 11,330 miles and the clip hasnt broken. The Mat is quite worn, especially at the top where the clutch pedal goes so the carpet is pristine underneath. It doesnt seem very thick carpet tho so it could just be a general Toyota thing maybe. Also in the Yaris I find that it prefers to have you depress the clutch right down which contributes to the wear I'm sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links