Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

[video] 1200hp Supra Vs Bikes

Filipe-AYGO

Apparently that was a Busa turbo as well - don't see many cars pull away from them!!

that is sweeeeet!

love the 80mph skid marks!

i'd have some of my own if i were a passenger!!!

Hey guys that is real nice , some one tell me ?? what is the sound comin from the engine ? it is sweet , + how much modification goes into one of those things ! ,

P.S I reckon my 1 litre yaris would smoke it LOL

Probably T88 turbo or maybe big twins, 1000cc injectors, twin pumps etc, 4 row FMIC, 3.2 stroker crank, cams, fuelling ECU, wideband O2, triple plate clutch (or BL auto box), balls of steel?

ive been in a supra that owned an R1 off the lights :P

Probably T88 turbo or maybe big twins, 1000cc injectors, twin pumps etc, 4 row FMIC, 3.2 stroker crank, cams, fuelling ECU, wideband O2, triple plate clutch (or BL auto box), balls of steel?

And a shed load of money

ive been in a supra that owned an R1 off the lights :P

The R1 wasn't trying, or it was broken, or the rider was inexperienced/not confident.

For a 1500kg vehicle to beat a 200kg vehicle with 120bhp from a standstill, the heavier car would need about 1000bhp, which in turn means he would NEVER get enough traction to pick up properly, and if it did it would then need a wheelie bar.

A Supe can have a chance against a powerful bike from a rolling start - the faster the better. From a standing start - no chance.

I guess it all depends on how longa run from the lights it is though :thumbsup:

I am sure with a set of lights and long run the Envy Supra could show up quite a few bikes!!! - which is what I am guessing Rob is talking about :P

Envy Supra could show up quite a few bikes!!! - which is what I am guessing Rob is talking about :P

might have been :P

lets just say we had to get into 2nd gear to not risk 'looking the other way' ;)

Exactly, like I said the car would need 1000BHP! :P

Still, with car vs bike both riden/driven properly; bike will ALWAYS win off the line unless the powers are really unevenly matched, and it will still take an extraordinary car to pull it in at the top end.

Corners? Well that depends entirely on the corner and how wide the track is, car is better for tight corners but if it's sweeping enough the bike will get a straighter line through simply because it's narrower.

I love bike vs car arguments! :D

They were most annoying at the ring last year.... they would scream past on the straights then hold me up at the corners..... naturally they never bothered returning the favour of letting the faster vehicle overtake.. they were too busy trying to "get their knee down" to pay attention to the 1600 kg of supra closing in on them, fast!

To add insult to injury the ONLY pic I got of my car on the track was obscured by some bikers :(

Awesome vid :thumbsup:

Talking of bikes v cars check out the Yam R1 vs 911 Turbo vs Tornado jet on streetfire.net

Sorry can't link it.

• 3 weeks later...

They were most annoying at the ring last year.... they would scream past on the straights then hold me up at the corners..... naturally they never bothered returning the favour of letting the faster vehicle overtake.. they were too busy trying to "get their knee down" to pay attention to the 1600 kg of supra closing in on them, fast!

To add insult to injury the ONLY pic I got of my car on the track was obscured by some bikers :(

We've had this conversation before Charlie, those bikes NO WAY impeeded your progress around the ring :chair::scooter::toot:

They held up Sabine in a stadnard diesel Transit.... is it really that unbelievable that they held me up in a turbo supra???

I'd not mind if they let me past!!! I let the fast bikes past!!!!!!!

Like I say, too busy trying to get their knees down and not paying attention to other traffic ;)

In Clarkson's Head-to-Head Video there is a race between a Porsche 911 C4S and a Yamaha R1. The R1 driven by the champion at the time, the porsche driven by Jason Plato... which wins around Thruxton??

The heavy, 4wd, non-turbo CAR!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links