Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pressure Tank Problem On Supra Mkiv Tt J-spec

suprasteve1979

Hi I am trying to find some more info on the pressure tank for the IACV & EGCV I've read through FAQ and other sites on the sequential set up, but all i can find is to check the tank is " to see if there is pressure there".

How long should the pressure stay in the tank. For example if i rev the engine or drive it then stop and pull the hose a hose of along the line before the vsv's a slight rush of air comes out but not much, if I do the same drive but leave it for 5-10 mins there is nothing. (a definate leak you might say)

I have seen both actuators move could this be pressure directly from the intake to the pressure tank or is the tank fine. I sometimes have problems around 4000rpm when the car bounces/judders hesitates to get over 4500 as if its not a smooth transisition when t2 conmes on line.

I also feels a lot faster on acceleration if I dont put my foot straight to the floor. For example if i drive off in 1st or second and foot to the floor it sometimes feels like there is no second turbo where is i wait unitl aroung 4 4-5000 then foot to the floor the second turbo feels a lot stonger.

I haven't got a boost guage yet as I've had the car for about 2 years now and its always had a slight hesitation but thought that was draw back of sequential setup. However took car on track other week and was getting 13.6 1/4 mile which I was told by some guy the car should be doing better, thats when the paranoia set in and the last 2 weeks I've done nothing but try and find faults, damn that guy. sorry for the long essay needed to get all of my chest any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

Steve

PS VSV's checked for no flow and flow of air when applying volts. actuators also hold open when pressurised.

13.6 1/4 mile

Blimey dude, 13.6 is a very good time :yes: My Auto UK TT standard could only get down to about 14 at best with me behind the wheel.

13.6 is pretty good if its standard.

Unfortunately i dont know much about the rest of your question but im sure someone will come along soon who knows :yes::thumbsup:

There's a big thread on this on www.mkivsupra.net/vbb as I was reading it the other day, would you like me to try the link?? (are you registered on there??)

13.6 1/4 mile

13.6 is pretty good if its standard.

Thanks Leeky i thought it was fairly respectable for a standard car.

There's a big thread on this on www.mkivsupra.net/vbb as I was reading it the other day, would you like me to try the link?? (are you registered on there??)

What was the heading Aristo i'll try and find it

Thanks Aristo seems I am not alone quite a common problem on the Supra. Chris wilson was my next move, however he and Ian C have come up with some good tests which I will try.

Thanks Again

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links