Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Resetting Trip

purvesh81

As the title says, I can't seem to reset the trip mileage back to zero anymore??

It does still allow me to switch between the trip and the cars total mileage though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.. :)

I have the same problem, so am also interested in the solution.

I could never get it to work on my old shape Avensis, perhaps some component stops working after a certain age or software needs resetting.

9/10 it's the way you are doing it. On Prefacelift (pre 2000) Avensis, press & release the button when 'trip' is displayed then hold the button in for 2 seconds DO NOT hold it down, it should reset to 0. On Post 2000 Facelift models you select 'trip' then hold the button in untill it resets. They modified it on the later ones to make it easier! Hope this helps :)

Thanks GLIExec

I was having the same problem myself - Simple once you know how!!

9/10 it's the way you are doing it. On Prefacelift (pre 2000) Avensis, press & release the button when 'trip' is displayed then hold the button in for 2 seconds DO NOT hold it down, it should reset to 0. On Post 2000 Facelift models you select 'trip' then hold the button in untill it resets. They modified it on the later ones to make it easier! Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the replies.

I'll give what you said a go tomorrow. Mine is the Mark 1 avensis (pre-facelift), can I confirm with you that the button needs to be depressed twice then?

1). Press and release the button when the 'trip' is displayed.

2). Then within a second or so, depress it again and hold it for 2 seconds?

If it's already on trip then ignore your step 1, if it's on total then press it to switch over 1st. Press it & let go after 2 secs when it's on trip don't hold it for any longer or it times out.

It works! Thanks alot :D

I've had the car nearly seven years and reset the TRIP everytime I refueled. Somehow I must have just forgot the knack of it!

Much appreciated..

Woo hoo i now know how to reset too, ive done 11k in the car since i had it but have never been able to figure out how to reset the trip

Cheers for a good read people

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links