Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 / Xt5 Bluetooth Interface

daern

Been playing with the BT interface in my T180 and, according to people on the other end of the phone, I sound very quiet. I've tried this with a couple of phones, and both sound the same.

Does anyone else have a T180 or XT5 and has experienced the same problem?

Any suggestions? I think I might have a chat with Toyota tomorrow...

Daern

Been playing with the BT interface in my T180 and, according to people on the other end of the phone, I sound very quiet. I've tried this with a couple of phones, and both sound the same.

Does anyone else have a T180 or XT5 and has experienced the same problem?

Any suggestions? I think I might have a chat with Toyota tomorrow...

Daern

Hi Daern, not had any problems with the sound on my Xt5 although the bluetooth has not connected a couple of times, i think more a fault with my phone. I expect you've already turned the volume up and found no differance.Baz

Hi Daern, not had any problems with the sound on my Xt5 although the bluetooth has not connected a couple of times, i think more a fault with my phone. I expect you've already turned the volume up and found no differance.Baz

Oh yes, the volume makes a difference, but to have it loud enough so that it is a sensible volume for the person at the other end, it's absolutely deafening in the car! Have you found a seperate microphone volume control?

Oh yes, the volume makes a difference, but to have it loud enough so that it is a sensible volume for the person at the other end, it's absolutely deafening in the car! Have you found a seperate microphone volume control?

No sorry, does this happen all the time or is it perhaps a bad reception area!

Fixed it! Try holding down "info" while turning the sidelights on and off 4 times... Lots of delicious goodness to be had in there, including seperate receive and transmit volume controls for BT handsfree. :)

A winner!

• 3 months later...

Fixed it! Try holding down "info" while turning the sidelights on and off 4 times... Lots of delicious goodness to be had in there, including seperate receive and transmit volume controls for BT handsfree. :)

A winner!

:thumbsup: Hi Daern, just tried that your right it shows a completly different menu, have set my transmit to +4 what have you set yours at. Baz. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Hi Daern, just tried that your right it shows a completly different menu, have set my transmit to +4 what have you set yours at. Baz. :thumbsup:

I have mine set to its maximum value (11, probably ;)) but it's still too quiet (although it is better). Yes, shouting does help, but it's not very nice for the person on the other end to be talking to "Mr Angry"...

See what Toyota do when the car goes in tomorrow. I've also emailed Aisin AW (who make the head unit) who relayed my email via Toyota Japan, to Toyota UK. Here's hoping a fix is available...

Daern

See what Toyota do when the car goes in tomorrow. I've also emailed Aisin AW (who make the head unit) who relayed my email via Toyota Japan, to Toyota UK. Here's hoping a fix is available...

Right, Toyota have changed the microphone on the handsfree for one from another type of kit. It's certainly made it work differently...

Where before it was quiet and very hard to make out, now it is deafeningly loud and horribly distorted! My guess is that the standard mic is not sensitive enough and that the one now fitted is much too sensitive and is causing the input amplifier to clip.

Either way, it's certainly not fixed and Toyota customer services have had another snot-o-gram.

Daern

ps. Surely other people must be experiencing this!? I've tried two cars at my dealer (my T180 and the sales chap's XT5 and both were the same - much too quiet). If you have an '06 XT5 or T180, please post your experiences with the head unit here.

Right, Toyota have changed the microphone on the handsfree for one from another type of kit. It's certainly made it work differently...

Where before it was quiet and very hard to make out, now it is deafeningly loud and horribly distorted! My guess is that the standard mic is not sensitive enough and that the one now fitted is much too sensitive and is causing the input amplifier to clip.

Either way, it's certainly not fixed and Toyota customer services have had another snot-o-gram.

Daern

ps. Surely other people must be experiencing this!? I've tried two cars at my dealer (my T180 and the sales chap's XT5 and both were the same - much too quiet). If you have an '06 XT5 or T180, please post your experiences with the head unit here.

I have made and recieved several calls from my xt5 and have had no probs so far. Hope this helps

Navy Bob

Daern

I have also made and recieved several calls, not had any complaints as yet but its difficult to know when you are making the calls as to know how its being recieved, interesting though.

Thanks all.

If you're interested, it's worth getting a friend (or wife ;)) to sit in the car and call you on the handsfree and also using the handset directly to compare the difference.

Most people seem to expect handsfree systems to be rubbish, but new bluetooth ones are superb quality - this one too if they sort the microphone problem out! Several people actually complained about mine which is what started me down this road in the first place...

Anyway, off back to Toyota today so we'll see what happens...

Daern

Car back to Toyota "standard" - i.e. too quiet.

Another email sent to Toyota tech services.

*waits*

Yup, me too!

Have a XT5 about 6 weeks old, and the mic volume is crap.

Really shows up trying to use voice rec, which is simply doesn't work as I get about 1 in 5 correct recognition. But you realise why when you hear the volume on a phone call and other callers complain regularly. (oh and I don't have a strong accent, and deal with voice rec systems in business a fair amount so fully used to speaking clearly)

I was going to get in touch with Toyota about it soon as its really bugging me, but will try the option mentioned here to up the transmit volume using the hidden menu options first.

Just went and had a play with the hidden options.

I've increased the volume to the phone and will test tonight, however this doesn't apply to the mic rather it applys to what is sent over BT to the phone.

On the Navigation > Voice rec menu it has a record / playback option with volume bar. When talking at a good volume it doesn't even light the first box, when borderline shouting at it then I it lights up 1 - 2 boxes out of the 5 or 6 (can't remember total number of boxes now).

So, I've confirmed that the mic sensitivity is way under what it should be. A call to toyota in order now, and I can easily show them its not nearly good enough to be useful.

I've increased the volume to the phone and will test tonight, however this doesn't apply to the mic rather it applys to what is sent over BT to the phone

Increasing the phone BT transmit volume has made a huge difference to the quality of voice to external parties, a quote from my girlfriend last night was "Are you actually on hands free? as you sound so clear, without engine noise... its just like you are using the phone normally"

Fab. But doesn't solve the voice rec obviously, have yet to raise with Toyota.

I've increased the volume to the phone and will test tonight, however this doesn't apply to the mic rather it applys to what is sent over BT to the phone

Increasing the phone BT transmit volume has made a huge difference to the quality of voice to external parties, a quote from my girlfriend last night was "Are you actually on hands free? as you sound so clear, without engine noise... its just like you are using the phone normally"

Fab. But doesn't solve the voice rec obviously, have yet to raise with Toyota.

In the hidden menu, what did you turn the volume up to.

• 8 months later...

Car back to Toyota "standard" - i.e. too quiet.

Another email sent to Toyota tech services.

*waits*

Did you ever get your MIC sensitivity resolved?

Life got busy my end and I've put up with the MIC volume "temporary" fix of boosting over bluetooth for the phone use only and not bothered using voice commands since I got it last June.

However, it's now booked in for its first service and I'm going to get them to look at it. Any advice on tactics when dealing with service centres or how best to approach the issue to avoid back an forth resolution?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get your MIC sensitivity resolved?

Life got busy my end and I've put up with the MIC volume "temporary" fix of boosting over Bluetooth for the phone use only and not bothered using voice commands since I got it last June.

However, it's now booked in for its first service and I'm going to get them to look at it. Any advice on tactics when dealing with service centres or how best to approach the issue to avoid back an forth resolution?

Cheers.

Good luck. Toyota have been hopeless over this issue...

Let us know if they sort it!

• 4 years later...

Fixed it! Try holding down "info" while turning the sidelights on and off 4 times... Lots of delicious goodness to be had in there, including seperate receive and transmit volume controls for BT handsfree. smile.gif

A winner!

Sorry for digging up old post, but wanted people to know I carried out the above and fixed the problem with the poor BT sound. Adjusting volume to 5 works well.

KL

Interesting find.

Been out today and adjusted mine :thumbsup:

Is there any thing else we can play with in this hidden menu such as dialing in the code for a 5th alloy?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links