Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smashed Rear Screen

Dnomro

Hi ,

I need help to remove the rear pacel shelf from my Avensis 2001 saloon.

Some wee stink smashed my rear screen , i got it replaced but the broken bits of glass are under the parcelshelf. I had a go at removing the rear seats to get the shelf out but i'm stuck at the cushioned bits at the door that are not actually attached to the seats but the chassie. The furthest i've got is removing the brake light.

Every time i turn i can hear the glass sliding from one side of the car to the other , tis sooo anoying.

:help::help::help::help:

Any advice would be great

The side cushions can be removed by pulling up the rear seat near the middle near the seat belt fixings (you may need to use a little force.... a sharp tug should do it).

You will then find a 13mm bolt (I think) which will need undoing followed by giving the side cushion a shove upwards to release it off its bracket at the top.

After a lot of messing about i managed to get the shelf out & cleanout all the glass.

After dropping the rear seats

1. Rear side cussions, remove bolt at the bottom and slide up, will lift right out.

2. Pop out 2 plastic pins near the seat locks on either side.

3. Prise off both the plastic quarter panels above the shelf, only 3 plastic studs holding it, then slide up and out.

4. Remove rear brake light, just put flat screw driver under pop up and slide back then disconnect.

5. No need to remove the seat belts the shelf should now just slide back, tilt it over and you can rest it on the seats, don't worry if it sticks a bit, a few sharp tugs should free it. I found the new compound they put the new window in with stuck to it a bit but it freed up ok.

And i also noticed if you need a rear shock fitted, this will all have to be done to get at the bolts at the top of the shock.

Now i can happily motor along without any rattle, when my hands heal from all the !Removed! cuts off the broken glass. :D :D :D :D

hope this helps someone else out

cya all :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links