Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedy Aygo

sullsims

I must say I am incredibly impressed with the Aygo, its everything u need, But...

I do want to make mine quicker, I dont know too much about engine modifications... Doest anyone know of anyway, or any mods that are coming out to speed it up. Being such a light car it would be awesome to add some more BHP! :drool:

hmm, if you want more power, do an engine conversion or buy a more powerful car. you could spend hundreds to get 5bhp, money not well spent

my advice would be to make it lighter than try adding power if you want this route...

The rear seats are easily removable according to pugbug. Do that and then carpet it. Then do the airfilter thing like Aygo vvti. Get lightweight alloys. Use a Super Unleaded fuel (Octane 97 or higher, Tescos do Octane 99). Then see how it runs.

Stick one of these on the roof...

sail.JPG

:thumbsup:

ha yeah :lol:

I must say I am incredibly impressed with the Aygo, its everything u need, But...

I do want to make mine quicker, I dont know too much about engine modifications... Doest anyone know of anyway, or any mods that are coming out to speed it up. Being such a light car it would be awesome to add some more BHP! :drool:

Just kick down the accelerator!! :bag:

Might seem a silly joke (it is) but how often did you touch the carpet lately, eh??

:bangin:

Think of that before spending a lot of money.

Houdoe

Djoezz

do a remap with induction and exhaust mods shoud get you up to about 90bhp

That would be a lot on an 800kg car! do you think it go up to 90bhp? :unsure:

The rear seats are easily removable according to pugbug. Do that and then carpet it. Then do the airfilter thing like Aygo vvti. Get lightweight alloys. Use a Super Unleaded fuel (Octane 97 or higher, Tescos do Octane 99). Then see how it runs.

To my knowledge, Octane number has nothing to do with performance as long as there is no self-ignition. (knocking?).

The Heating Value is independant of Octane Number. B)

make an engine transplant with a citroen c2 1.6 16v :thumbsup::2guns: :!Removed!:

make an engine transplant with a citroen c2 1.6 16v :thumbsup::2guns: :!Removed!:

at least put a toyota engine in not a citroen one ! a yaris t sport or gt turbo would do the job :thumbsup:

Just kick down the accelerator!! :bag:

Might seem a silly joke (it is) but how often did you touch the carpet lately, eh??

:bangin:

Think of that before spending a lot of money.

Houdoe

Djoezz

Always! :eek:

Then why did you buy this car?! I'd like to know your fuel consumption figures . . :!Removed!:

Cheers

Djoezz

Im pretty sure a 3SGTE could fit in there :D

300bhp Aygo on stock 3sgte anyone?

or 700-1000bhp Aygo if you got the money to burn :D

Im pretty sure a 3SGTE could fit in there :D

300bhp Aygo on stock 3sgte anyone?

or 700-1000bhp Aygo if you got the money to burn :D

Think the bonnet is too shallow for the turbo and piping and the car isn't wide enough .. the block would fit, but I'm not sure about all the other hoses etc ..

A Celica 3S-GE could fit ..

How about the V6 out the Camry, it's smaller and lighter than the 3S-GTE .. it'd be all FWD etc already ..

What if you put the engine in the back live a Clio V6? That would be interesting :D

A

Then why did you buy this car?! I'd like to know your fuel consumption figures . . :!Removed!:

Cheers

Djoezz

I get about 380 miles per tank

at least put a toyota engine in not a citroen one ! a yaris t sport or gt turbo would do the job :thumbsup:

Yaris doesn't fit :D

Yaris doesn't fit :D

they would fit anything here :thumbsup:

do a remap with induction and exhaust mods shoud get you up to about 90bhp

Couldn't see any way you would get over a 30% increase (+23bhp to 90bhp) from any normally aspirated engine with a remap. More like 5-10% if you're lucky - nothing if you use Superchips rubbish. Even the first remap on my S3 which is turbo charged only gave about 20% max (thats genuine increase not silly advertised increase).

What I would want to know is: Do you want the car to go faster in a straight line or basicaly make it a quicker car from A to B ?

I would hope it's the second then lightening the car will help then improving the suspension and brakes will have a much greater effect than adding a few bhp. Also learn to drive properly and you will be able to make the most of these mods. Not trying to be funny but if you know about car dynamics and understand things such as left foot braking and heal & toe (you will need to add metal pedal covers to help with this as the pedal are not ideally placed for heal & toe) then you will make a lot quicker progress and enjoy the car to the max.

Beyond this or if you just want to go faster in a straight line , it simple - buy a better/faster car. If you want a quick car but still small like the Aygo then get a Lupo GTI - fantastic straight out of the box. :thumbsup:

Kev

Apologies that may have been an over enthusiatic reporters estimate. He said barely making 90 bhp, however the C1 cup car press statement is saying 80bhp which you are right is far more realistic with just induction, exhaust and a remap.

Cheers

Djoezz

I get about 380 miles per tank

I got about 44 mpg (a lot of urban / suburban driving). I have the air con on a lot

Stick one of these on the roof...

sail.JPG

:thumbsup:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :) :) :) :P :P :P :D :D :D

By installing the replacment K&N air filter panel what sort of performance gains would be expected, and in the real world are they noticable?

By installing the replacment K&N air filter panel what sort of performance gains would be expected, and in the real world are they noticable?

I would expect nothing other than an increase in noise.

I used to own a MINI. There was a post about a group visit to a rolling road. Some of the cars with K&N type filters were actually putting out less than cars with a standard filter fitted! I don't remember any showing an increase with just a filter fitted.

kenl is absolutey right. :thumbsup: Many claim to get extra power from performance filters or induction kits but in real life the gains are minimal to nothing and occasionally less as it depends on the mapping and how much the ECU will adjust other parameters when it finds one paramater (such as more air input) increased.

The Aygo is already quite efficient having VVTi etc so I wouldn't expect any major bottle necks in the induction or exhaust side and therefore whether you put on a better filter, exhaust or get it remapped then you'll be lucky to get noticable gains. Even if you manage to improve the peak figures by 5-10bhp you may well lose driveability and midrange power/torque - this is why race versions of the C1 can get over 80bhp as it's all top end power for track use. Really not much good on the road. :blink:

Some on c1/Aygo/107 forums have things like Iridium plugs and performance filters and claim their car feels more powerful but experience tells me it's probably just a bit more responsive/noisy - without checking on a good rolling road it's difficult to say. I reckon the only hope that it can be mappable and that things like filters, exhausts and plugs can work is in the fact the engine is designed to be extremely economic. And even then it would have to be custom mapped to get the best from any particular mods on any particular engine.

By improving things like the brakes and suspension/wheels then you would make the car faster/more fun from A-B. Adding to that a good understanding of car dynamics and learning to drive properly (such as heal & toe and left foot braking) would bring out the best in the little car (and mods) even more. If you want to go fast down a motorway or do the traffic light grand prix ? Buy a faster car.

Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links