Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Front Indicator Bulb Ae111

hoho15

any1 know how to ive just got some new ones had a look and theres no room 2 pull the bulb out of behined it its the front indicators

thanks hoho

Looking from above the right indicator you will see a phillips headed screw on the left hand side of the unit attaching it to the headlamp unit. Remove the screw and put it somewhere safe :rolleyes: so you can put it back when you have finished. Push the indictotor unit forward from behind and rotate the unit clockwise a little bit so the "catch" on the left hand side can come out through the extended hole in the wind. It sounds more difficult than it is. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean. For the left hand unit the screw in on the right.

If you have problems post back here and I'll post some pics for you.

John

i thought it was that!! cheers bud i tried pushing the side light out but it didnt seem 2 budge ill have a nother try when its light

hoho

Thats why you need to turn it.

well the main thing that got me was that little 'catch' on the side! :ffs:

took me bleeding ages to figure out why it wasn'y popping out, used a screw driver and everything to try and pry it out! and then my mate came and unhooked the thing in like 5seconds after looking at it!! :lol:

it was really obvious but i guess i chose to ignore that and I was coming really close to dismantling the whole headlight unit... just to get at the indicator-bulbs!! :rolleyes:

its no that hard. you just have to use your fingers carefully so that you "unhook" it and then turn it...

ive just had another try and it is not turning at all! i am wondering when u push the light out how far is it ment to come out cos mine hardly pops out it seems like that it just brakes the seal and its wobbling back and forwards but i cant find a way to twist the light at all ive tried every way i can think of but its not moving

sorted mate! theres a little clip on the indicator inside thats all that needs pushing when you have popped it. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links